• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Yea you can without a permit but there's no laws in Ohio protecting you while open carrying from harrassment, the minute someone calls the police and says there's someone carrying a gun you will be arrested for "inciting a panic" was what my cousin in mansfield Ohio was told

This is why I won't OC in OH. The laws in OH basically allow them to arrest you for doing something completely legal. I know to many people that live in OH and heard way to many stories of un-informed cops that don't know it's legal or don't want it to be legal to even mess with it.

bubba31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    This is why I won't OC in OH. The laws in OH basically allow them to arrest you for doing something completely legal. I know to many people that live in OH and heard way to many stories of un-informed cops that don't know it's legal or don't want it to be legal to even mess with it.

You are absolutely right about that, I grew up there, growing up it was unheard of there to even get a ccw, I actually signed the petition that went around I think it was 9 years ago or so for ohio start ccw and allowing people to carry and there was no "castle law" in ohio then they got the ccw law about a year before I moved to indiana and never adopted the castle law until 2008 before that someone could break into your house threaten you and your family and if you shot them you went to prison, originally my family from west virginia and we were always taught you protect your family and home reguardless of the law or consequences, I've been in indiana 7 years now and I still remember it feeling like a weight was lifted off me when I found out indiana code states you have the right to do so

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Apologies Caleb I was in a bad mood about my money situation and let loose the Snark on you.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    You are absolutely right about that, I grew up there, growing up it was unheard of there to even get a ccw, I actually signed the petition that went around I think it was 9 years ago or so for ohio start ccw and allowing people to carry and there was no "castle law" in ohio then they got the ccw law about a year before I moved to indiana and never adopted the castle law until 2008 before that someone could break into your house threaten you and your family and if you shot them you went to prison, originally my family from west virginia and we were always taught you protect your family and home reguardless of the law or consequences, I've been in indiana 7 years now and I still remember it feeling like a weight was lifted off me when I found out indiana code states you have the right to do so

wtf-dog.jpeg

What the...???

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    “Infringing on even one of our rights granted to us by the Constitution is unacceptable. You sacrifice one, you might as well sacrifice them all." -Rep. Johnson

Three statements must be made about this quote:
    1. Amen
    2. It's about time
    3. Rep. Johnson for President

Two other statements must be made about his quote:
    1. Rights are not GRANTED by the Constitution. They are recognized, and some are enumerated.

2. Has Rep. Johnson ever voted on a bill that would have infringed on the rights of The People? If so, he might as well have voted to infringed on all rights. Right?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Not in spelling class didn't think it was that big of a deal

Not a big deal, but you have an audience that would like to be able to understand your comments to be able to properly respond.

That, and you have all the time in the world to proof-read and correct errors before you hit "submit."

bubba31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Not a big deal, but you have an audience that would like to be able to understand your comments to be able to properly respond.

That, and you have all the time in the world to proof-read and correct errors before you hit "submit."

I gotcha, I was tired when I wrote that, I usually do go over what I wrote to make sure people can at least understand what I wrote, even though it might not be "propper" english, I guess bein tired and already knowing what I was saying I missed some

bubba31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Drunk and or tired incoherent posting is frowned upon here, mister...

:D

Just ask those who've been banned for their incessant drunken rants.

Lol, that's nice except what I wrote was not a rant, nor was it out of line in any way, AND I had not been drinking, not sure why the "lol" post was removed, the only thing wrong with my original post was that I missed some punctuation

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Bump for Kirk, or another lawyer's legalese ability. I've been wondering where this one sat so I Googled it. It gave me the actual bill with proposed changes. Everyone keeps saying that it will grant reciprocity with any state that acknowledges their CHL. I don't see that anywhere. The closest thing that I saw was

Sec. 109.69. (A)(1) The attorney general [STRIKE]shall[/STRIKE] may negotiate and enter into a reciprocity agreement with any other license-issuing state under which a [STRIKE]license to carry a[/STRIKE] concealed handgun license that is issued by the other state is recognized in this state if the attorney general determines that [STRIKE]both of the following apply[/STRIKE]:
    [STRIKE](a) The eligibility requirements imposed by that license-issuing state for that license are substantially comparable to the eligibility requirements for a license to carry a concealed handgun issued under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code.[/STRIKE]​
    [STRIKE](b) That[/STRIKE] the license-issuing state recognizes a concealed handgun license [STRIKE]to carry a concealed handgun[/STRIKE] issued under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code.​

(2) A reciprocity agreement entered into under division (A)(1) of this section also may provide for the recognition in this state of a [STRIKE]license to carry a[/STRIKE] concealed handgun license issued on a temporary or emergency basis by the other license-issuing state, if the eligibility requirements imposed by that license-issuing state for the temporary or emergency license are substantially comparable to the eligibility requirements for a [STRIKE]license or temporary emergency license to carry a[/STRIKE] concealed handgun license issued under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code and if that license-issuing state recognizes a [STRIKE]temporary emergency license to carry a [/STRIKE]concealed handgun license issued under section 2923.1213 of the Revised Code.
    Which, if you take everything out that should be taken out, reads:
    Sec. 109.69. (A)(1) The attorney general may negotiate and enter into a reciprocity agreement with any other license-issuing state under which a concealed handgun license that is issued by the other state is recognized in this state if the attorney general determines that:
    the license-issuing state recognizes a concealed handgun license to carry a concealed handgun issued under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code.
    (2) A reciprocity agreement entered into under division (A)(1) of this section also may provide for the recognition in this state of concealed handgun license issued on a temporary or emergency basis by the other license-issuing state, if the eligibility requirements imposed by that license-issuing state for the temporary or emergency license are substantially comparable to the eligibility requirements for a concealed handgun license issued under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code and if that license-issuing state recognizes a concealed handgun license issued under section 2923.1213 of the Revised Code.
    To me, that says that the AG gets to decide whether or not to grant reciprocity, if and only if, the requirements are comparable to Ohio's own requirements. Help me out here, someone.

ETA:: The new bill essentially erases the requirement for comparable training, then in the next section states that the license has to be substantially comparable. Am I reading to much into this?

Last edited:

wild willy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    I live on the border of OH/PA. I go to OH frequently and would love to be able to CC. Hope this happens

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I think you're combining two different types of license in the code there. The second part that speaks of the comparible license is speaking of a temporary or emergency license.

IN doesn't issue temporary or emergency Larry's that I know of, so there's no comparable temporary or emergency license to have reciprocity granted for.

The first section of that is what would be used to work out reciprocity for us Larry holders.

IANAL.

Top Bottom