• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Reply to post

My wife is willing to try shooting a pistol. Maybe thats the first step. Up till now she has been afraid of guns. I would like for her to become comfortable with handling and maybe even carrying someday. I guess its a process and will take some time. One of the small frame guns would be very easy for her to carry with her at all times.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    So my thing is what is as reliabke as my glock but in a smaller cal. As I said above she reallt likes our s&w m&p .22 but I dont think she'll be ready to move up to a 9mm like the compact or shield real soon. So thinking about something in between but wanna go quality and reliable. Walther pk380 looks great but is it "save your life" reliable?

I have an LCP .380 and HATE it. It is too small to grip comfortably and quickly and I'm more worried about safety to myself than a BG. I do carry it when it's the only option but I am not fond of that small a frame. I've shot the M&P 9C and Shield in 9mm and liked them both. If she is comfortable with the M&P frame then I would really suggest she try out the Shield. The jump to a 9mm vs .380 isn't that different. The Shield is more concealable IWB than the 9C since it's not a double stack and I've found that it is a bit more comfortable in my girly hands, but that's just my :twocents:.

hfdcowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    When my wife first started carring i had to near force her in to a hammerless Smith j-frame 357 loaded in 38. But after her being verbally repetitive for a year she wanted and got a Kimber i just kept in mind she has to love it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    My wife has a p22 but after shooting my 40 and kahr cm9 she wanted a subcompact 9 of her own and she picked out the baretta nano all on her own and after going to the local shop she purchased it. Check out the YouTube videos on it. I actually think I may like it better than my kahr.

talderma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    North East Indy
    I would have her look into the S&W Bodyguard .380. Two things my wife likes about it: 1) it has a build in laser, 2) it has a safety for when its in her purse.

Sonick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Louisville
    Take her to the local range. Most gun ranges will let you rent guns very cheap. Gander Mountain is one way to get a gun in her hand, but, she can't shoot it. She could very well like the way it feels in her hand, buy it, then HATE how it shoots.

I always say, have her hold it AND shoot it before you buy it.

David71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    My wife likes the sig sauer P238, with extended grip. .380 round but hides nicely...never tried the smith Bodyguard...might be similar...

6mm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sig P238, or sw 66 if she wants a revolver. When my wife first started shooting, the revolver was much easier for her to manipulate/get confortable with.

Ottboys3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Indy
    Most ranges have rentals, call some friends let her take them for a ride! Everybody has a preference she has to find hers!

MMcarriesaSR9c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Nano

My wife picked out her Beretta Nano Saturday. This is step up from the .25 auto that she was using. Went to the range Sunday and she loves it. And might I add very accurate with it. I will have no worries if she ever has to use it. She can't wait to get her LTCH.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    9mm PX4 Storm especially if she has long fingers. My wife loves hers, even though she will only load half a mag.

Top Bottom