Card charged but no product, what does INGO think?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I ordered a product from a company, and they immediately charged my card. Two weeks later, after not hearing anything, I emailed asking when my order would be shipped. They replied in a timely manner explaining that they have "processed" my order, but there is a delay due to unforseen growth.

I'm happy that they're doing well, but I'm slightly annoyed that they didn't bother to give me an estimated shipping date. The biggest thing that annoys me is that they took my money without shipping what I ordered.

Am I out of line, or should they wait until they have my order before they take my money?

Dholcomb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2022
    Indiana
    I would think it would depend on what you ordered. If it’s something that you can’t get anywhere else, wait. If it’s something easily found elsewhere, cancel the order.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I ordered a product from a company, and they immediately charged my card. Two weeks later, after not hearing anything, I emailed asking when my order would be shipped. They replied in a timely manner explaining that they have "processed" my order, but there is a delay due to unforseen growth.

I'm happy that they're doing well, but I'm slightly annoyed that they didn't bother to give me an estimated shipping date. The biggest thing that annoys me is that they took my money without shipping what I ordered.

Am I out of line, or should they wait until they have my order before they take my money?
    When I worked for BMG Music Club, if something was out of stock, we wouldn't even process their card payment until it was in stock and ready to ship. We would get authorization, but wouldn't send it for settlement (when the actual charge hits the card) until we could ship.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Had something similar happen a few months ago. Ordered and card got charged instantly, web site showed in stock and that I should have it in four days. Also showed an ap for tracking package that I could not get to work. Waited a couple days and still could not get ap to work so e-mailed company explaning my problem and asked for a tracking number or something that would work. Still no response so sent a couple more e-mails and by now the item was a few days late. Web site still shows in stock with four day delivery. Now e-mailed asking order to be canceled and still no response.
    Started a credit card chalenge to the order and them e-mailed company advising them of the CC action. Now they did answer back and I got my charges refunded, PITA. Jim.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

If there is a number to contact via phone, I'd do so. Sometimes tougher for someone to side step a question. If not (and honestly even if you do get in contact via phone), I'd send a follow up email and indicate you will be cancelling the order if there isn't a satisfactory response with a ship date, etc. And if they don't process order cancel in a timely fashion, then you will be refuting it with your card company.

Last edited:

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    The biggest thing that annoys me is that they took my money without shipping what I ordered.
    I'd be curious exactly how that "unforeseen growth" happened. :whistle:

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ordered but no item received is an easy credit card dispute. They'll probably start with a temporary credit for the transaction. You'll have to jump through the hoops and the card company will attempt to contact the vendor for you. If they don't get a response they'll make the temporary credit permanent. Other than the initial dispute process, it's pretty easy. If you actually want the item, keep pursuing the company. If you just want to cancel a CC dispute will take care of that.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I had this with an ammo purchase. Showed my ammo in stock and ready to ship. I placed the order and was charged within minutes. No updates for 2 weeks. I contacted them and they said it was "processing". Waited another week and a half with nothing being shipped. Contacted them asked for a refund and it took another week to get my money returned. I will never do business wit them again and I hope they go under.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Have had this happen a couple times. Usually with smaller, boutique companies. Ultimately my product showed up but the timing and lack of communication was frustrating. I have also cancelled orders like this before too. If cancelling do it through the company but if they fail to timely reverse the charge go ahead and start the dispute.

PM me an image of the front and back of the CC used for the transaction, and I'll get this rectified for you.
    Don't forget to include your mother's maiden name, first car, high school mascot...

tikkasako6.5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2022
    Sparta, TN

You are NOT out of line, there are many firms doing this. Witt Machine from Childress TX are expert at it. I have 2 emails committing to refunding me after 3 months' delay, still nothing 2 months later. Cant get thru on the phone. Check their online reviews....horrendous. I got taken.......Cool website tho.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You are NOT out of line, there are many firms doing this. Witt Machine from Childress TX are expert at it. I have 2 emails committing to refunding me after 3 months' delay, still nothing 2 months later. Cant get thru on the phone. Check their online reviews....horrendous. I got taken.......Cool website tho.
    Assuming you paid with a credit card, is there a reason you are not disputing the charge?

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Assuming you paid with a credit card, is there a reason you are not disputing the charge?
    This. You don't get months after a refund has been agreed upon. If I don't see a credit in two weeks I'm disputing the charge and I think that's more than generous. Realistically it should be no more than about three business days to refund anything in today's day and age.

Top Bottom