• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I was interested in this match (have not shot a carbine match), but I don't have a chest rig for spare mags and didn't see an equipment requirements list.

Someone want to fill me in on equipment requirements?

I have a carbine (would probably bring the WWSD2020), chamber flag, and mags.

Suggestions appreciated!
    This match, you could have gotten by with two reloads in your pants pockets. I used a chest rig. Most people had a belt pouch or two.

If you have no gear whatsoever I always suggest starting with a two piece belt like the AWS SMU and populating it with mag carriers and a holster as needed.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Had a great time!

Well... I thoroughly enjoyed the match. My times suffered quite a bit from what seems to have been a slightly loose optic.
    Afterward, it didn't look like enough play to completely miss targets at 35y, but 6 of 10 showed it happened. :dunno:

For anyone on the fence, YES you should have been there. :ar15:
    This isn't about what gear to have or what gun to run, it's about bringing out your gun/gear and exercising it.

There was was a bit of everything that showed up (didn't see a bolt gun though...) and most of it worked reliably. A rifle, and a way to carry/feed 20-30 rounds is all you need. I'd bet if you only had one 30rd mag, an accommodation might be made for simulating a reload every 10.

Stage design was creative, but not too complicated to remember or setup/tear down. If I can do it, you can too.

There were hits & misses, deliberate actions & high-speed operatin', but all of it was safe and enjoyable. Can't wait for the next match.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I wish I had seen this earlier.

Why wouldn't the match happen in the rain? Unless there's active lightning, I've never been to one that had a weather delay.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Yes. And yes it is a PITA. Most matches I've been to have switched to steel & Throoms. I hate Throoms. :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes. And yes it is a PITA. Most matches I've been to have switched to steel & Throoms. I hate Throoms. :):
    I think the logic is why be miserable in the rain, and fight the pasters too. Easier just to cancel and let everyone go do something else fun.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The .308 was hilariously overpowered for this match. Those hostages will never hear again.

It was fun but personally I find shooting rifles at IDPA distances to be a little meh. Only one stage involved any kind of accuracy challenge.

Top Bottom