• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I JUST witnessed a car chase in my subdivision tonight!!!! Out here in Plainfield.

I was with my wife in our bedroom minding our own business when I hear sirens. I start looking out the window when I see the lights and hear the car.... or... CARS! I see a Red CRX and PPD cruiser go FLYING past our street and said HOLY ****! I listen and hear them rounding the horseshoe when all of a sudden I hear, then SEE, them come FLYING up our street! I jump out of bed with my wife, get dressed, and we hear BANG BANG BOOM! No, it wasn't gun shots. :n00b: The Cruiser and his buddy blocked the car in and it was the doors of their cars slamming shut after the Mexican had bailed.

We got around the corner to see the guy laying on the ground with his hand behind his head and 4 officers with rifles and pistols trained on him.

Apparently after he bailed the cops caught him quick and slammed the guy into a truck chasing him down! I was prepared that if they hadn't caught him and he doubled back toward us so that I could stop him. I mean I know it was midnight, but its a weekend and usually we still have some parties and such goin on about this time. That SOB could have killed someone.

I gave every officer a big :thumbsup: as they started leaving.

Talking with a couple neighbors I learned that the car had been in the neighborhood a couple days ago while one of our other neighbors were moving out. Apparently they had been scoping the neighborhood out cause they were supposedly doing the slow and suspicious driving by the day before we had our community garage sales. Then I find out they'd stopped at every house that was garage saling yesterday. I'd say they were doing some recon for targets, but who knows. They certainly didn't belong out here. The guy that got arrested sure looked like a gang member to me. Red Rag in his back pocket, red CRX, thugged out clothes (which were now torn)... I couldn't help but yell out "GOOD JOB BOYS!" :D

Sorry, my adrenaline was pumping and I thought I would share my little experiance with everyone. Maybe it'll make the news. Probably not.

:ingo:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Can't beat that free entertainment! :thumbsup:

Seriously, that had to be quite a scene. Sounds like the cops did a great job. Just proves that you never know when the crap can hit the fan.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Now I KNOW you are definitely married... nothing going on in the bedroom! LMAO!

Sorry, Ryan, I couldn't resist!:D

TECHNICALLY.... we'd JUST finished, literally, when I heard the sirens. Talk about great timing! :dunno:

Either way it taught me one thing, but my mother still thinks this is neighborhood is invincible...

It taught me that crap happens and even though you prepare for this and that, you're never truly prepared, mentally, for ALL situations.

I was prepared AFTER the situation started, but I was literally caught with my pants down and had not thought that situation would ever happen where I live. I mean, our subdivision is 6 big horseshoes of nothing but a dead end. Who would have EVER thought someone would be dumb enough to get into a high speed chase from the police in MY neighborhood.

Now, we've had break-ins, domestic violence situations, kids vandilizing property, even drunks running over mailboxes. I'm prepared for someone kicking in my door, tornados, earthquakes, fire, flood, and a few other things. What I wasn't prepared for was a damn CAR CHASE down my street. If that had been during the day my kids would have possibly been playing in the street and I'd have had to go to jail if he even came close to my babies.

It just goes to show you that no matter what you might be prepared for, you can't be prepared for everything.

:patriot:

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Apparently we had one running around our house last night about 1 am. I wasn't home (damn.)At 3 when I got home my neighbor was still awake and told me all about it. Apparently, they came down our street about 5 times, doing laps.

Of course, caught those bastards. :rockwoot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    People are getting desperate. Just like what happened to Jack Ryan the other day with people coming up his 200yrd drive only to freak out and leave when he come walking out.

Everyone needs to be on your guard. ****'s gettting crazy out!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    DId anyone get the Hendricks Flyer today? Just wanted to know if it said anything about the chase last night.

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I heard it over the radio when it was happening. It was actually a pretty short chase and the guy ended up bailing out after a few minutes. He didn't make it very far on foot though before they got him.

Nothing on Hendricks County Flyer's website about the chase yet.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I heard it over the radio when it was happening. It was actually a pretty short chase and the guy ended up bailing out after a few minutes. He didn't make it very far on foot though before they got him.

Nothing on Hendricks County Flyer's website about the chase yet.

:rockwoot:

Did you happen to hear where it started from or if the car was stolen or not?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I don't remember where it started, and I don't recall them saying if there was reason that he was running.

I was just wondering because after the chase some woman was emptying the car of its contents. They must have towed it that next morning because i watched for a tow truck that night but it was gone the next morning and not parked in anyone's driveway.

One of the neighbors said they were casing their street and heard the same from other neighbors as well.

Sounds to me like instead of spending millions on a new High School they should have invested that in Neighborhood watch programs, police, etc. Crime has certainly risen in this town in the last couple years. North of downtown used to be the "Ghetto" of Plainfield along with the Trailer Park that used to be where Walmart is. Things look to be changing now.

I've long said my subdivision looks more and more like a trailer park full of houses.

Top Bottom