• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    Ahhh, yes...spam. Spam w/ bacon, spam w/ cheese. Canned bacon...It's all far superior to potted meat. Never could get used to that stuff.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Yoders canned bacon is already cooked...jus heat, and eat

This is tasty bacon. So far as I know, MREDepot.com is the only place to get it on the web, though you might try ReadyDepot.com.

You may also want to check out the canned cheese and butter. Just remember, you are paying for shelf life, not taste. ;) It's really not bad, just not what I'm used to.

I also have, but haven't tried, some of the freeze dried pork chops from MREDepot, but have it on good authority that they are tasty as well if prepared properly.

Just remember to try your SHTF food before SHTF so you have a clue how they will impact your intestines. I think the LDS have the best philosophy, as they tend to buy new long-term type stuff all the time as they use it regularly and rotate.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    This is tasty bacon. So far as I know, MREDepot.com is the only place to get it on the web, though you might try ReadyDepot.com.

You may also want to check out the canned cheese and butter. Just remember, you are paying for shelf life, not taste. ;) It's really not bad, just not what I'm used to.

I also have, but haven't tried, some of the freeze dried pork chops from MREDepot, but have it on good authority that they are tasty as well if prepared properly.

Just remember to try your SHTF food before SHTF so you have a clue how they will impact your intestines. I think the LDS have the best philosophy, as they tend to buy new long-term type stuff all the time as they use it regularly and rotate.

None of that stuff you mentioned tastes "reheated"?

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I keep Spam around just in case, but if I have to eat it, I have to add something to change the taste. BBQ sause, lots of cheese, and hot sause is just a few things I will add when I fry it.

Eating it cold out of the can is doable but only as a very last resort...LOL

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    None of that stuff you mentioned tastes "reheated"?

Well, the butter tastes like butter. Since you don't refrigerate it (it is canned) until after you open it, it is quite creamy and spreadable upon open. I would guess that if you had an airtight (e.g. tupperware) container with not much airspace, you could keep it out so it would stay spreadable.

The cheese is similar to Velveeta in texture, but it tastes more like cheese (it is cheese), and is fairly mild.

I have only eaten the bacon cold out of the can. It tasted like store-bought (not high end) bacon that hadn't had the grease drained off. It's packed in wax paper (follow the link to MREDepot that somebody else posted, they have pictures), approximately 45 - 60 strips per can...good stuff.

Top Bottom