• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    My brother-in-law shoots competitively and his Canik TP9SFX is his competition pistol. He swears by the thing and says that it's the most accurate handgun that he's ever owned (and he has owned his fair share)! It's on my "maybe someday" list, but I'm not a competitive shooter by any means and can't justify another handgun at this point.

CATDaddy47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2020
    Huntington
    My brother-in-law shoots competitively and his Canik TP9SFX is his competition pistol. He swears by the thing and says that it's the most accurate handgun that he's ever owned (and he has owned his fair share)! It's on my "maybe someday" list, but I'm not a competitive shooter by any means and can't justify another handgun at this point.

When you can justify another one, I’m with your brother, get a Canik...you won’t regret it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The CZ clones are pretty nice, but not quite in spec so parts may not be interchangeable. Finding holsters, after-market sights, etc. can be a daunting task.

I have owned several but my take now would be to go with the firearm they're cloning instead.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Nothing to justify. The right number of guns to have is; JUST ONE MORE.

Funny you should say that! I’m a relatively new (more like a “born-again”) shooter and collector, but I’ve already said “just one more” twice now! Fortunately, my fiancée and I still have separate financials or I’d be in more trouble than I already am! :):

CATDaddy47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2020
    Huntington
    Funny you should say that! I’m a relatively new (more like a “born-again”) shooter and collector, but I’ve already said “just one more” twice now! Fortunately, my fiancée and I still have separate financials or I’d be in more trouble than I already am! :):

min on my third marriage...go for it. Lol

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Ressurecting this thread cause I finally got a Canik TP9 SFx last week and this one seemed the most relevant. Haven't had a chance to shoot it much but so far I am very impressed. Trigger is awesome, weight and balance are really good. Glad I finally got one, have had my eye on one of these for over a year. Lucked out and found one used at USDS Greenwood for $450, pretty sure it had never been fired. Plan on getting a lot of use out of it this summer.
    20220205_181548.jpg

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Ressurecting this thread cause I finally got a Canik TP9 SFx last week and this one seemed the most relevant. Haven't had a chance to shoot it much but so far I am very impressed. Trigger is awesome, weight and balance are really good. Glad I finally got one, have had my eye on one of these for over a year. Lucked out and found one used at USDS Greenwood for $450, pretty sure it had never been fired. Plan on getting a lot of use out of it this summer.
    View attachment 181322
    Luçked out indeed. Welcome to the Canik Club. You will enjoy it.
    Now go ring some steel with it

rwilky78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2016
    Kendallville
    I use a TP9SFx for Steel plate challenges and plan to get into USPSA eventually. So far I really like it but need more trigger time, lol.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Looked at a Dark Side Rival yesterday at the LGS. Very impressed. Not sure I can but the Turkey though. So tempting, I actually preferred both the feel and the trigger and the extras to the Walther PDP.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Looked at a Dark Side Rival yesterday at the LGS. Very impressed. Not sure I can but the Turkey though. So tempting, I actually preferred both the feel and the trigger and the extras to the Walther PDP.
    I may have to check out the DS Rival myself. Does it have a many any changes between them and the SA SF models other than looks?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Canik is my go-to answer for folks who want me to recommend a budget, but good handgun. Nobody has complained yet when following my advice.

I believe that Caniks are the best bang for the buck going today, and that even includes a comparison to the Taurus budget offerings.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Canik is my go-to answer for folks who want me to recommend a budget, but good handgun. Nobody has complained yet when following my advice.

I believe that Caniks are the best bang for the buck going today, and that even includes a comparison to the Taurus budget offerings.

Completely agree with this. When my nephew wanted his first carry gun this is what I recommended. He picked up a TP9SF Elite like the one I have for around $350 (this was pre-COVID). Fantastic gun for the money. Similar to a G19, but with better ergos, a better trigger, better sights out of the box and a lower price.

I got to shoot a Mete at the range yesterday that my friend recently bought. I'm not a fan of full sized guns, but it had a phenomenal trigger that was even better than the one on my TP9SF Elite. Very impressive.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Completely agree with this. When my nephew wanted his first carry gun this is what I recommended. He picked up a TP9SF Elite like the one I have for around $350 (this was pre-COVID). Fantastic gun for the money. Similar to a G19, but with better ergos, a better trigger, better sights out of the box and a lower price.

I got to shoot a Mete at the range yesterday that my friend recently bought. I'm not a fan of full sized guns, but it had a phenomenal trigger that was even better than the one on my TP9SF Elite. Very impressive.
    I fell in love with Canik after visiting them at NRA 2019 in Indy. I’ve been actively saving up the gun fund for one. By the time I had the money for a Canik (Combat Elite) some friends convinced me to get a CZ instead :stickpoke:

I haven’t looked back. But I still wouldn’t mind having a Canik. I normally don’t end up liking polymer framed striker fired pistols, but I want to find one I like to add to my modest collection. Caniks are up there for me for reasons you mentioned. One of the very few just feels right and triggers are pretty decent. Another consideration I recently discovered is a P320 with the WC grip.

Top Bottom