• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    I am looking to expand into some more interesting firearms. I have been investigating Canik and CZ as well. I would like to know your favorite Canik whether it be the newer Mete or the older TP9sf. How is it getting parts or upgrades?

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I had an early TP9sa. It had the best trigger I ever experienced on a polymer frame pistol. I am normally not too impressed by tactical Tupperware, but I was very impressed with the quality, accuracy and reliability of the pistol. I would recommend Canik to anyone looking for a pistol in that price range.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've had a TP9v2, TP9SF, and now have a TP9DA. All reliable with anything I feed them. All had/have well over 1k rounds through them.
    Good pistols.

Canik prices have went up, and CZ P10 series has went down. I'd buy the P10's at the prices they are now. CZ P10F is a fine firearm.

Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    I've had a TP9v2, TP9SF, and now have a TP9DA. All reliable with anything I feed them. All had/have well over 1k rounds through them.
    Good pistols.

Canik prices have went up, and CZ P10 series has went down. I'd buy the P10's at the prices they are now. CZ P10F is a fine firearm.
    Any recommendations on what price I should be looking for used? I always like to keep an eye out for a good deal.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Any recommendations on what price I should be looking for used? I always like to keep an eye out for a good deal.
    For P10F you can buy new for around $360 shipped from an online store plus transfer fee at your local ffl. So new can be had after shipping, and transfer for around $400 new.

$347
    $20 shipping
    NST = no sales tax

You can go buy this to compare for used price.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Bought a CZ P-10C (Glock 19 killer) off of a guy I work with. Took it out to shoot and it didn't go bang. Took it out to Allen M and he fixed it using a Glock 19 part.
    Can you say Irony.
    Then I took it to the range and really liked how it felt and shot. Traded it to Zachcz for a G43X.

Bought a Canik METE SFT off of a guy I used to work with and it set in the safe for awhile. DadSmith was pretty high on them so I jumped in on his thread and decided to take it to the range.
    It has a Sig Romeo One on it. I had never shot a handgun with an optic. So I asked some friends that I know that have them they gave me some tips and to the range I went.

After several rounds thru the SFT I realized for the money these were very underrated guns. I shot it very well (most guns can shoot better than me).
    I would recommend the Canik over the CZ......juts sayin'

IMG_4374.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Bought a CZ P-10C (Glock 19 killer) off of a guy I work with. Took it out to shoot and it didn't go bang. Took it out to Allen M and he fixed it using a Glock 19 part.
    Can you say Irony.
    Then I took it to the range and really liked how it felt and shot. Traded it to Zachcz for a G43X.

Bought a Canik METE SFT off of a guy I used to work with and it set in the safe for awhile. DadSmith was pretty high on them so I jumped in on his thread and decided to take it to the range.
    It has a Sig Romeo One on it. I had never shot a handgun with an optic. So I asked some friends that I know that have them they gave me some tips and to the range I went.

After several rounds thru the SFT I realized for the money these were very underrated guns. I shot it very well (most guns can shoot better than me).
    I would recommend the Canik over the CZ......juts sayin'

View attachment 334759
    They are definitely underrated pistols.
    They keep listening to the customers and continually improve them.
    Probably the most reliable Turkish made handgun. The ergonomics are amazing also.

Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    Looking forward to shopping around for the right one. I plan on eventually having one of each of the Canik and CZ. I’d like to find the optics ready version so I don’t know if that rules the older ones out? My older eyes like the red dot.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I’ve got a CZ 75b and a Canik TP9sf Elite. The CZ is a fantastic piece and is used as a range gun. The Canik is the first polymer pistol I’ve ever owned. It does have a fantastic out of the box trigger. I do carry the Canik and it serves double duty as a bedside gun. You can’t go wrong with either brand of pistol.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I had a TP9SF Elite I picked up a while back and it was fantastic. I had around 1k or more rounds through it without ever having any issues. Seems like there were a decent amount of sights, holsters and such for the gun, of course nowhere near Glock or M&P level availability.

I also carry a CZ P10C OR and have for the last 3 or 4 years. Both guns are great guns, but I prefer the CZ myself. Not bashing the Canik pistols, they are an excellent choice, just my personal choice. The P10C OR can be found from time to time under $400. Yes you have to buy an optic plate, but that shouldn't be any more than ~$40 - $50, then you have a rock solid gun and would then be in a similar price range with most of the Canik pistols I believe. Again, either handgun would be a great choice.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have a membership at Indy Arms range over around the 55 and Tacoma area. I no longer have the Canik, but I do have a P10C OR and P10C with iron sights that I'd be happy to let you shoot if you want to try to get together over there sometime. You'd be responsible for your range fees and ammo, but I'd let you shoot the guns to try them out. Just send me a message if interested.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Caniks are hard to beat for the money. Like mentioned above they typically have the best triggers out of all polymer guns. A lot on the forums here believe the cz p10 is one of if not the best all around polymer. If you want metal frame, there isn’t anything better than a cz 75 imo.

It’s a shame that companies can’t get a bigger market share from Glock because of brand name and assuming loyalty, but there are many guns out there usually for less money that are are better than Glocks.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Caniks are great, and any of their mags work with all of their guns. (assuming length is correct) Of striker fired families to fill your safe with, they are great. I have always enjoyed when I shot the p10c, but never owned one. I would not say either of them are very interesting guns to shoot, but I like hammer fired guns. Both of them have good enough triggers that don't need any work, but the Canik is better. Texture depends on the holder. Canik sights are good, but you also have to factor in the price difference.

Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    I have a membership at Indy Arms range over around the 55 and Tacoma area. I no longer have the Canik, but I do have a P10C OR and P10C with iron sights that I'd be happy to let you shoot if you want to try to get together over there sometime. You'd be responsible for your range fees and ammo, but I'd let you shoot the guns to try them out. Just send me a message if interested.
    I appreciate that. I go to Indy Arms as well to shoot. Not sure when the next time I will be there, but I will see if you are available next time. Thanks!

Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    Caniks are hard to beat for the money. Like mentioned above they typically have the best triggers out of all polymer guns. A lot on the forums here believe the cz p10 is one of if not the best all around polymer. If you want metal frame, there isn’t anything better than a cz 75 imo.

It’s a shame that companies can’t get a bigger market share from Glock because of brand name and assuming loyalty, but there are many guns out there usually for less money that are are better than Glocks.
    I am a Gen 3 Glock owner of every caliber and really like the feel and I’m stupid accurate with them. I have branched out to see what other things I might like. I purchased an Sig P365XL I carry and a fun Sig SP2022 in .40 SW that is a blast to shoot. I like comparing and just having a variety to choose from.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    As mentioned above, the Canik Rival S has to be shot to be believed. The S stands for steel, 42 oz of it and a smooth and fast trigger. It is a competition gun out of the box, just select one of three included wrap around palm panels add your favorite optic or use the included irons, and go shoot some steel. All upgrade parts and tools you will need are included in the super nice pelican style case. You may have to look around for one, as they are snatched up by competition shooters quickly.

Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    As mentioned above, the Canik Rival S has to be shot to be believed. The S stands for steel, 42 oz of it and a smooth and fast trigger. It is a competition gun out of the box, just select one of three included wrap around palm panels add your favorite optic or use the included irons, and go shoot some steel. All upgrade parts and tools you will need are included in the super nice pelican style case. You may have to look around for one, as they are snatched up by competition shooters quickly.
    There are a couple of Rivals that I would like to investigate, but I can’t message anyone, yet. Or maybe I am not doing something right?

Top Bottom