Can this magnetic invisibility cloak hide weapons?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I hope everyone realizes that the day is not far off when we're going to be required to strip completely naked and don .gov approved smocks for any sort of travel.

Can magnetic invisibility cloak hide weapons? - Technology & science - Innovation - DiscoveryNews.com - msnbc.com

110927-CloakPhoto-hmed-0955a.grid-6x2.jpg

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    You're right about gubmint approved smocks. I'm surprised that they haven't done that already- not for flight safety, but Fairness.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Well, as long as temps stay above -200F, thus inhibiting the ability of the super conductor material, I think we'll be ok.

Also, I don't know how you're going to smuggle something like that through in your pants. It would print, just a bit.

There are already plenty of devices that can do lots of harm to people that can sneak past a "metal" detector.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    No, it's a government intrusion issue. And we obtained it due to the majority of the people in this country being brain-dead, American Idol watching, jingoistic sheep.
    You're right, I was just kidding. They are hyping up another thing for us to fear so the searches can get even more intrusive. Kind of like when they were hyping up the "belly-bomb" threat. We'll be getting a full chest X-ray and a cavity search before much longer.
    icon9.gif

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    You're right, I was just kidding. They are hyping up another thing for us to fear so the searches can get even more intrusive. Kind of like when they were hyping up the "belly-bomb" threat. We'll be getting a full chest X-ray and a cavity search before much longer.
    icon9.gif

I knew you were kidding :D....I just like to throw out the word "jingoistic" whenever I can

Top Bottom