Can not find a holster for a 1911 Sig w/rail.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    I bought a Sig 1911 Scorpion 5in with a light rail last week. I found, and purchased a Blade Tech OWB holster to carry it in with a light attached, but I can't seem to find a OWB holster for just the gun with no light. :dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Checked safariland's website holsters.com? I think I recall seeing holsters for 1911 with rail.

ETA: I found several by googling: 1911 rail holster

Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    I Just noticed the Blackhawk Serpa CQC 1911 holster specifies "with or without rail"

Thanks. I Forgot about Blackhawk. But it seems their 1911 Serpa holsters are not full length. I really don't want the end of my pistol sticking out of the holster. I would hate to damage the front sight.....I might need it.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    Cameramonkey, the Sig 1911 has a non-standard slide profile. The difficulty in finding a holster is very real-- most 1911 holsters won't fit the Sig, even if they are designed to carry a railed 1911 holster. Unless it's a holster made specifically for the Sig, it's probably a no go. Jerry45Acp, Hooch Holsters and Mills Tactical would both be fine options for you to check out. Since Rings doesn't seem to have produced a Blue Gun of the Sig 1911 yet, whoever makes the holster will have to have you bring it to their shop in person and wait while they holster is made.

Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    Cameramonkey, the Sig 1911 has a non-standard slide profile. The difficulty in finding a holster is very real-- most 1911 holsters won't fit the Sig, even if they are designed to carry a railed 1911 holster. Unless it's a holster made specifically for the Sig, it's probably a no go. Jerry45Acp, Hooch Holsters and Mills Tactical would both be fine options for you to check out. Since Rings doesn't seem to have produced a Blue Gun of the Sig 1911 yet, whoever makes the holster will have to have you bring it to their shop in person and wait while they holster is made.

Thank you. I'll check them out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks. I Forgot about Blackhawk. But it seems their 1911 Serpa holsters are not full length. I really don't want the end of my pistol sticking out of the holster. I would hate to damage the front sight.....I might need it.

negatory... I have the same requirement. I passed on several holsters for that exact reason. If you have a serpa with the barrel sticking out, you are using the wrong holster. For example my serpa for the G27 also holds my G23, but with the exposed front sight.

Bradis has them on the shelf if you want to try one out you and arent too far out of Indy.

EDIT: Given the Sig isnt necessarily true 1911 spec, an in-person fit is definitely in order. It may or may not work.

See!
    photo.JPG

Last edited:

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Try Contact Concealment. He's in Michigan City. Kydex.

Home

Send him an email. He may have access to one of the guns or the "blank" as they're called (I think) in order to make one. He'll do you right.

Top Bottom