• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    It's not illegal but I will say that if enough people do it often enough it will become that way. People can't see concealed handguns and don't really sweat exposed ones most of the limited time that they see them. BUT, you go sticking long arms in their faces and they will be screaming to their legislators and they in turn will have to bend to the pressure to make such carry illegal or they will be defeated by those who will pass the legislation.

Let the Ortega bashing begin.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Man we have to make this happen.
    Why don't you guys back off this idea? I don't want my rights smashed because some people have to use this as a "who has big enough coconuts" contest. Another INGO member did this in Evansville not long ago and he got hassled big time. He was legal but that didn't matter. You want to sit on the sidewalk in cuffs and get your name in the paper? What are you gonna do then? Call Guy and try to "go get 'em?"

If we have as big a sweep in the Indiana House and Senate that it looks like we could have on election day the Repubs could have the governor's mansion and super majorities in the legislature. With no boat rocking we might be able to really get some good pro-gun legislation through. How about school carry or carry into the state capital buildings? Or other places like museums with day cares? We could be on the verge of passing some great new laws. Let's not cut the legs out from under our friendly senators and reps by tying their hands.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA
    Why don't you guys back off this idea? I don't want my rights smashed because some people have to use this as a "who has big enough coconuts" contest. Another INGO member did this in Evansville not long ago and he got hassled big time. He was legal but that didn't matter. You want to sit on the sidewalk in cuffs and get your name in the paper? What are you gonna do then? Call Guy and try to "go get 'em?"

If we have as big a sweep in the Indiana House and Senate that it looks like we could have on election day the Repubs could have the governor's mansion and super majorities in the legislature. With no boat rocking we might be able to really get some good pro-gun legislation through. How about school carry or carry into the state capital buildings? Or other places like museums with day cares? We could be on the verge of passing some great new laws. Let's not cut the legs out from under our friendly senators and reps by tying their hands.

Stop all of the well thought out arguments, with all of your reasonable reasoning and let us have some fun at the expense of everyone else.

ederue

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Its a technique.. perhaps not an advisable one. Seriously - what is your intent with that? My guess is that while legal you would fuel the fire of the anti gun crowd and we'd see it splashed all over the news.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    This will end well. :D

Yes, it's legal. Don't even need the LTCH. But it's not advisable. And probably a stupid thing to do at City Market if history is any indication.

Why was that stupid? Seems to me it gave a lot of people a better insight on what cops can/can't do and what is right/wrong in 2A stops. Great learning experience for many that remember it considering they were in the right and no one was arrested.

Besides, nothing was more funny than when ATFConsumer got cuffed for "his safety" and stripped of his sidearm. Meanwhile the cops that took his gun away forgot to take the one in his back pocket out that was directly near his cuffed hands. Good thing it was only for "his safety." Genius.:patriot:

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Intentionally putting oneself in a situation where you know there is a good possibility that you will be handcuffed by the police and disarmed, possibly in an unsafe manner, is not stupid? You went to a different common sense school than I.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008

Rep for logic and common sense!!! :twocents:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Intentionally putting oneself in a situation where you know there is a good possibility that you will be handcuffed by the police and disarmed, possibly in an unsafe manner, is not stupid? You went to a different common sense school than I.

I can't help that your common sense school was underfunded. Damn economy is really hitting everyone now. Nobody ever thinks of the children! I'll write a letter to our Senators on your behalf.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0

Rosa Parks ring a bell?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :popcorn:
    Really this thread was semi-dead and burried back in MAY 2012 and ya bring it bad to life and are quoting those MAY post. :rolleyes:

@Bill B - Good point!

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana

Rep on it's way sir.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    We should be making the gun fearing liberals SCARED of us politically. Make them second guess stepping on our rights, not cowering in fear from them.

They are NOT the majority, quit acting like they are. Most people don't want gun control and could care less what you carry.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Most people don't want gun control and could care less what you carry.

Quite right. Better yet, drive around in a SP 105MM. That would really go a long way toward promoting 2nd Amendment rights and just might get you voted "Biggest Stud on the Street." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom