• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    I purchased a Pre-Owned iPhone 7 directly through Virgin Mobile (shame on me, more on this later)

Order is dated 7pm Nov 7th via email. Their website states 14 day return period no hassle etc (also said they'd send me a function tested phone, they didn't, Jackasses)

Get the phone delivered on the 20th, open it the next day, use it for the next few days to verify the battery works. Finally switch is over as my phone and all seems good. Well I screw around most the day Friday trying to figure out why all my calls are garbled, turns out the mic is broken (hardware issue). Off I am and contact VM on day 13 from the date of ordering. Go back and forth a few times via email and they ask me on day 14 if I'd like to return or replace, and responded that I'd like to replace the phone. The customer service/sales rep tells me to take to the Apple store and they would take care of it. I ask about what supplemental information I'd need to take or if they were able to look it up in their system etc and if it'd be okay to do it next week due to the Holiday. Get another rep that responds that apple would charge me for the service (first time anything is mentioned the cost is on me) and that I needed to go through Virgin Mobile's 3rd party warranty service.

Well here is my big issue with that, what I said to the rep. Also. I take strong exception with your 90 Day warranty clause that states "Such replacement phone may be a different brand, model, and/or color and contain non-original manufacturer parts"

I go on to ask why I have to deal with a third party company when they sent me a broken phone and I was within the 14 day return period. Rep just responds that they looked up my information and I'm out of the 14 period and lists the 3rd party warranty number. I still plan on going back and forth about how they fed me false information.

Can I box the phone up and ship with delivery signature to the previous return address I used last month? Simple note with my info, order number, and how they failed to send me a "function tested phone" requesting a refund. Then file a chargeback if I don't get my money back within a month. Can I force the return?

Virgin mobile is 0/2 in sending me working phones. First one had lcd damage underneath the glass on a 6s. sent it back just fine. Go to buy a new phone and they had the iPhone 7 pre-owned pricing tempt me, figured what are the odds, they can't all be broken. Learning my lesson atm.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    Sound like disputing the charge with your credit card company is the best option if the story played out like you laid it out. I know AT&T and Verizon have documentation when a customer calls in for issues, so I'd be guessing Virgin does that as well? I probably wouldn't do the force return you are talking about because if something happens, it'll be hard to pin that blame on the phone company.:twocents:

Top Bottom