• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Or do you need to have a FOID ? I've been thinking of going across the state line to look for some since its only about 5 minutes away maybe at a walmart.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You would think they should have plenty in stock over there since if they had it their way nobody would even have guns, and they sure make it hard enough to get one from what I hear! :D Good luck hope you find some at a deal!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Keep in mind that most department-store type people, and even bona-fide gunshop type people just don't know that they can sell ammo to non Illinoisians.

Don't be surprised if you're denied.

-J-

PTinbound

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    DeMotte
    I was in the PRI last year and they wouldn't sell me any handgun ammo (since you can't buy a handgun there) (I don't know if they were right or wrong about this) but they did sell me long gun ammo, and you could even theoreticallly buy a long gun there. I don't think I'd want to support the PRI with my money that much, though... I pretty much avoid the place whenever I can because we all become government mandated sheep every time we cross the border.

Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Danville
    Over Thanksgiving I went to walmart with Dad and they had eight federal bulk packs of 22. I asked if they had a limit-the clerk said 6 but my Dad could buy the other 2. I just had to let them look at my DL, he had to show his FOID. He didn't quite think that was fair!Hehehe............

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    The people of Illinois are fortunate. In New Jersey a store like walmart cannot even sell ammo and even the few places that can, are required to log the purchasers info. Oh, they can't sell ammo after 9pm either, or maybe it's 10....Driving OTR I stop in a LOT of places to check for ammo. I think I've purchased in over 40 states and rarely have I had to show ID.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    When we were in Sparta IL in July for the trap shoot, at the shooting compound you could buy guns, shipped to your ffl, and of course all the shels you wanted. The Walmart in Sparta had lots of firearms, and skids of ammo. I didn't buy any, I had plenty.

Dave

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I refuse to do business of any kind within the fascist state of Illinois. I don't want tax revenue from my purchases going into the state coffers.

Whenever I have to drive through Illinois, I make sure to top off my tank at the state line so that I don't have to stop... Yea, I am that adamant.

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    yes but WHY???

gglass I hear you and completely agree, why would I want to give my money to Stallinois so they can fight me on my 2a and put other idiots like bho in office.. yes you can buy in Illinois alot of ammo but why??? just fueling up the rocket that is pointed back at ya...:ingo:

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    Most of the gunshops that are usually harassed by the Daley dildos won't sell ammo to out of staters. This includes any that are on the outskirts of ****cago. Examples are: Chucks in Dolton, Midwest in Lyons, Jerry's in Brookfield. I found a shop in Melrose Park last week that had some .32 H&R Mag and sold it to me. Surprised they had it, and surprised they sold it to me. I met a guy from downstate Illinois with tables set up selling just ammo at the Crown Point GS. He told me there's no Illinois law against selling ammo to people from Indiana, but any dealer has the right to choose not to do so. All of them are pressured by Daley politics.

Top Bottom