• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    The army taught me that one bag would stop most and three would stop everything including the 50 bmg, or at least that was what one of my drill sgt. said. On a side note we did shoot the single bag with everything they gave us and it did stop all but the 50 bmg, then we shot three bags and it did stop it. That is why the bunkers were all made three bags deep, at least during my time in it was.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    The army taught me that one bag would stop most and three would stop everything including the 50 bmg, or at least that was what one of my drill sgt. said. On a side note we did shoot the single bag with everything they gave us and it did stop all but the 50 bmg, then we shot three three bags and it did stop it. That is why the bunkers were all made three bags deep, at least during my time in it was.

I would like confirm the three bag theory. Anyone in NWI with a 50 BMG?

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    "It's the slow knife that penetrates the shield" I have wondered how well an arrow would go thru a soft plate vest. But oddly enough I can not find anyone to donate one to me so I can try.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    One problem with modern sandbags is that the fabric has very little UV resistance. I've seen many locations where sandbags were put in place during a time of high water and then left in place. The bags generally start to disintegrate in a year or so, spilling the sand. So, unless they were covered with something to protect them from the sun, they wouldn't be much use in any kind of long-term set-up.

Top Bottom