• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yellowwood has a lake and camping near the water. Hope to get down there this year.

EDIT: I just read that the office isnt open on the weekends, so you have to get there by 4p friday to pay for your campsite. Not sure what happens if you get there Saturday AM and they drive through to check your permit in the afternoon since you couldnt pay if you wanted to.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Yellowwood has a lake and camping near the water. Hope to get down there this year.

EDIT: I just read that the office isnt open on the weekends, so you have to get there by 4p friday to pay for your campsite. Not sure what happens if you get there Saturday AM and they drive through to check your permit in the afternoon since you couldnt pay if you wanted to.
    Many places have a box you fill out a form and $ and put in. Can’t say if this place does though.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana

There's an honor box. You can pay there.

The only real issue if you get there after the office closes is you can't buy firewood.

And stop talking about Yellowwood camping. That's the first rule of Yellowwood camping!

360willys

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2019
    South Bend
    Are they any good places in northern Indiana? i would need like hook up and stuff. My gf is legally blind so she wants restrooms and showers.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Are they any good places in northern Indiana? i would need like hook up and stuff. My gf is legally blind so she wants restrooms and showers.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    When I was younger, I used to camp a lot at Willow Slough and Potato Creek, both of which have electricity at some sites and shower houses. The Slough is currently drained for dredging, though.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    When I was younger, I used to camp a lot at Willow Slough and Potato Creek, both of which have electricity at some sites and shower houses. The Slough is currently drained for dredging, though.
    Isn't a slough supposed to be swampy and filled with mud & mire by definition?

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Isn't a slough supposed to be swampy and filled with mud & mire by definition?

Yes, it is. The main lake is around 1200 acres with an average depth of 4 ft or so. I believe it originally was designed for waterfowl hunting but it can grow some good bluegill and bass. When the carp take over and the lake becomes too choked with weeds, it is drained and dredged and the process starts over.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Yes, it is. The main lake is around 1200 acres with an average depth of 4 ft or so. I believe it originally was designed for waterfowl hunting but it can grow some good bluegill and bass. When the carp take over and the lake becomes too choked with weeds, it is drained and dredged and the process starts over.

Gotcha. Didn't know it was man made, so it made zero sense to me.

Top Bottom