• ...and so much more!
  • evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    Hey guys:

Every summer, I plan to make the most out of the 1 week of really nice summer weather before weather turns crappy again. This summer I really want to do something about it!

Wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a camping/shooting/swimming/drinking/whatever weekend? Would be cool to get an INGO group going.

I'm open to location and date as long as it falls on a weekend. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Erick

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    awesome! We have interest!!

Ok-- what date/location? Probably set up camp on a friday night to maximize weekend playtime.

Would like to bring my dog but dont know how she'd react to being left @campsite while we went shooting

I LOVE shooting at watermelons, other produce, and if theres open space on private land---propane tanks...

Of course we're not going to drink/shoot @ the same time!!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    This sounds like a lot of fun. It would obviously depend on the weekend but I would be up for it. I have no property (land) to offer up but could supply some loanable toys and camping gear to make up for it. It looks like a lot of northern Indiana guys so far, not that I'm opposed to traveling, but am I to assume you are looking at northern Indiana?

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    location depends where it would be easiest for everyone to get to.

any particular weekend work for everyone? Location?

I've got a pretty crazy schedule this summer, so I won't suggest any dates.

I've got concerts, family vacations, and family camping trips scheduled all through June-July.

If you guys come up with a date, and I've got the weekend free, I should be able to get off work.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    You northies probly hate this Idea, but brookville lake has alot of camping, and
    a shooting range, with 100 m/yds, rifle range.
    Unfortunately the dnr website is hardly descriptive of this location.

It's a nice place to boat, camp, shoot, and theres a beach, so bring your spotting
    scopes.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    Ok fellas:

How about June 24-26?

We can camp @ Tippecanoe River and shoot at Winamac DNR: Tippecanoe River (5 mins to Winamac FWA range) NO SWIMMING ALLOWED...crap.

camp at Indiana Dunes and shoot at Kingsbury? DNR: Indiana Dunes (40 mins to Kingsbury) No reservations, FCFS, always a PITA to get in the both times I've tried to go there.

Camp at Sand Creek (Chesterton) kind of a dive, but somewhat decent, you camp on top of each other, camp sites are kinda close to each other. Defeats the purpose of getting out and enjoying nature. shoot at Kingsbury (40 mins to Kingsbury)

I'm thinking Tippecanoe River, shoot @Winamac would probably be easiest as the range is only 5 mins away. Every other place, range is further, more chances of people getting lost. I just moved here a few years ago, so I'm not very familiar with other camping destinations/shooting ranges. I'm open to all other ideas that would make this easiest for everyone.

Kinda wanted to do the beach thing, but might be difficult. Any suggestions?

Anyone bringing pets?

Supplies:

I don't have a tent yet, but can pick one up @ Walmart. A friend borrowed all my camping stuff, then moved to Nebraska, so I doubt I'll see any of that stuff again.

The best part of camping is the FOOD!!!! There's nothing like the taste of food cooked over an open camp fire.

What do you guys think?

Erick

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    The wife and I would probably be up for something like this, depending on location. The Morgan/Monroe State Forest is a few miles outside of town and I believe it's OK for shooting there, but that's quite a haul from Portage friend.

Top Bottom