• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    About a week and a half ago, I decided to that I would finally send in my Sig Sauer P250C to finally be fixed. So I called Sigs CS one afternoon, and waited about 15 mins and hung up after not getting a hold of anyone. I decided that is was close for them to close and I would try again in the morning. The next morning, I call again, again, I'm on hold and holding, holding and holding and holding and holding etc... I wait 50 mins to not be greeted by anyone!! I'm sure they're busy, but to be on hold for 50 mins and not get anything. I think thats a little extreme, personally. Needless to say, I just gave it to my LGS to send in, since I've got 2 other EDC's that I trust more.
    Anyone else ever have trouble getting a hold of Sig?

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I have called there cs before. They answered the phone and were pretty helpful. The jackwagon they had work on my gun is another story though...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We recently received a brand-new SP2022 with a bent recoil spring guide rod (the rod is polymer, and came out of the gun looking like banana). I called SIG Sauer CS on 3/7 and spoke to a gentleman who took my information and assured me that a replacement rod would be on its way. Two weeks went by, nothing. Called their CS number again and was directed to call their dealer sales line, which went to an answering machine. Left a message asking the person to call me back. A couple more days went by with no response; called again and got diverted again, left another message. That was 3/27.

I called their CS number again today; spoke to a live human being, explained my predicament, and was transferred to someone else, who checked the computer system to find my order was never entered. :facepalm: :xmad: "I don't know what happened," he said, to which I replied very matter-of-factly, "someone on your end dropped the ball is what happened." He was apologetic, entered my order right then and there, and assured me the part would go out on Friday for delivery next week. We shall see.

I have dealt with SIG Sauer CS a couple other times in the recent past, returning guns for service, and had zero issues there.

FWIW.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Hopefully my LGS doesnt have any issues sending it out. I'm assuming it'll take close to a month before I get my P250C back. How long did it take you guys to get a hold of someone? 50 minutes to not get someone is quite excessive in my book...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    How long did it take you guys to get a hold of someone?

On the occasions I got to speak to a real human being, the automated answering system said my call was the next one in the queue, and I was only on hold for a minute or so.

50 minutes to not get someone is quite excessive in my book...

I wouldn't know about that; I'd have hung up long before then!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Two firearm customer service experiences in the past few months:

Mossberg: Call, midweek, around 5p eastern. "You are # 13 in the queue." Wait 30 minutes. Hang up.

Call next day around 10a. "You are #17 in the queue." I put on speaker in my office and get some stuff done. Spoke to someone who knew NOTHING about their product line. I explained what I needed two or three times. She took info and said it was on the way.

I wait two weeks, nothing. Call... around 5p eastern, midweek. "You are number xxxx-teen in the queue." Put it on speaker on the drive home. Chick finally answers. I try to get update. She puts me on hold. Comes back, asks more questions. Back on hold where she drops the call. Call back and number xxxxxx-teen in queue again. Hang up, disgusted.

I've sent several emails.

Finally a Juan gets back with me. We email back and forth promptly. He understands the issue. I finally get my parts in a 2 week time frame from when we email.

Sig:

Discovered an issue with new gun on Sunday. I read the website... it tells you times are the worst to call. The worst? Monday - anytime.

I call Monday around 1030. "You are the next caller." On hold for <60 seconds. I spoke to a rep who was VERY fluent with the product line. He sent a UPS call tag over email. Estimated return in 2 weeks. I got the product back in 8-9 days with tracking updates the whole time.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Going a bit OT here (but not really, since paddling_man brought up comparative CS experiences with other manufacturers)... in my line of work, I deal with gun manufacturer CS people way more than I'd like to. IME, sending a gun in for service is often a very different experience from calling and trying to have a part sent out or get information or something like that. In BOTH aspects, S&W, Ruger and Henry have been exemplary every time I have dealt with them. Glock has always done pretty well by us, also. Taurus does a fine job servicing their guns, but need to actually contact someone or have a part sent out? Good luck with that. Ditto for Hi-Point. Kel-Tec, Remington/Marlin/NEF and Mossberg have been hit or miss in both areas. HK? Don't ****ing get me started.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    Having been a department armorer for near a quarter century, I've dealt with the customer service folks at most of the major manufacturers. The best by far I've dealt with is Ruger, but experiences with Glock, Kel-Tec, and Smith & Wesson have all gone pretty well. Taurus does repair services pretty well, but if you need something that is on back order, you may as well be waiting for the Cubs to win the World Series. Beretta and H&K have been hit or miss, ranging from competent to downright surly, but the absolute worst customer service I have experienced bar none has been SIG-Sauer. Unfortunately they are also the company I have had to deal with the most. I would rather try to have an intelligent conversation with the combined population of the ape house at the Cincinnati Zoo than with the folks I've had to deal with at SIG-Sauer. :xmad:

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Sounds like Sig and HK are the worst to deal with, I've heard that in the past. Although my LGS said they always have issues getting a hold of Walther. They say for them Walther is the worst to deal with, I was shocked to hear that.

Hopefully, I don't have to send anymore weapons back!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    They say for them Walther is the worst to deal with, I was shocked to hear that.

Me too, considering that all Walther stuff is handled by S&W...

Had to send in a couple P22s and an SP22 back recently; in each case, I processed the return form via the S&W website, they Emailed me an airbill within a couple days, and off it went on their dime.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton

Just wait until you do get them on the phone.

I decided to give SIG another chance after a poor experience with their 1911 "Revolution" model a few years back.

I purchased a P250 Compact 45 ACP, fabulous deal from an advertiser on this site last fall.

Liked the way it felt in the hand, trigger wasn't bad, sights were decent, recoil management wasn't bad.

It was moderately reliable with a variety of FMJ loads. Gold Dot, Hornady Critical Defense and Golden Saber factory loads, along with my 185g practice loads were lucky to feed more than three in a row.

Called SIG, they tried to sell me another magazine. After I told them I'd already purchased a few of their accessory magazines that functioned the same way, the fellow decided it was the ammunition I was using.

Called back a few days later after settling down a bit, got exactly the same line, verbatim, from another drone at SIG. Almost like he was reading a script, the same one the fellow used a few days earlier.

Then this guy decided the dealer I'd purchased from had swapped out magazines with aftermarket units, and I still needed to buy SIG magazines. That was precious.

He did offer to sell me an "Action Enhancement Package" at $20 off the normal price of $170 that "may" resolve my concerns, should they not be magazine related.

Took it to a different SIG Master Dealer (closer to home) and unloaded it all after disclosing the problems, gave him the Crossbreed I'd ordered for it and had never used.

Take out the references to SIG P250 and replace with SIG Revolution 1911, and this tells almost exactly the same story (less the script reading) of the run around I got on that product back in 2008.

Magazines, ammunition, dealer tampering/theft/modification. Gotta love those folks in Exeter.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Just wait until you do get them on the phone.

Well, I never got them on the phone, I left it with my LGS to deal with. I've had so many problems with it, that it may be leaving my collection when they decide to sent it back. The P250 was great idea that was very poorly executed. I've never heard a company make so many excuses for a bad product. Most will either reengineer the product better or will discontinue it. Sig has done neither. Its a disappointment, considering it was my first handgun and was bought based on Sigs "To Hell and Back" reliability. Apparently the P250 engineers missed the memo on that.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    In my experience (I have quite a bit of experience with Sig CS) Sig has some of the worst CS I've seen.

They won't send you a simple replacement part, you must send the entire gun in to be fixed, even it's something simple.
    They always have extremely long wait times, and they never call you back if you choose that option.
    The people answering the phone aren't very knowledgeable, and they always have to refer you to somebody else if you have a technical question.

Some of that may have changed in the last few years. I gave up on Sig about 5 years ago and haven't bought anything Sig products and haven't called CS since then...

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Sig is having a lot of problems right now, not just in CS. Production, gunsmithing, marketing, front office....there's no shortage of problems in Exeter right now. A once-proud company, Sig today is teetering on the brink of failure. Things are desperate there. Your experience is just a symptom of what is happening. If you're going to buy a Sig, get one from the 80-90's. Getting a modern-production Sig is just asking for disappointment. The magic is gone.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom