• ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    For you radio heads out there

I was reading the thread on Mutual Support Groups and this thought came into my mind.

Would you be interested in doing a radio check on a certain channel for us CBer types?
    Say at 10 p EST on Channel 7 every ( name a day) ?

I am interested to see how well we could communicate either directly or through relays to get basic messages through.

Do any of you still go by the old 10 codes ?Is there another standard replacing the 10 code ?

Hypothetical Question: How long after a break down of standard communications should one expect to wait before the Ham and Cb radio communities come up to speed? That meaning being able to get situational news from one county to another and from one state to another? Not just chatter but actual informed news?

I know the capabilities of Ham radio and distance as it relates to Cb radios. I know Ham is ((Volume)) MUCH Better than a CB radio. However I believe there will be a lot of people who go to the Cb because it will be easier to locate one as opposed to a Ham radio. The ease of operation of a CB for someone with No experience at all, will be a factor as well ( IMHO ).
    Are CB Operators’ licenses issued 30 yrs ago still valid ? Recorded ?

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    I am going to break down and get my tech license soon and a radio but I still love my locals. There is a local club here in Terre Haute. I made contact and will get one of them to sponsor me (forgive terminology).

I knew about the requirement being dropped but I wondered if they ever kept track of the old licenses.

I had a life ending head injury and forgot a lot about my life, places, people and things that had happened to me but next to my SSN the only other number I could / can remember is KAWL2690 my old call sign.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Back in the early 70's new CB radios came with a license application but they quit including them as soon as the license was no longer required. I don't think CB would be a good informative format, as there are so many users that it is very cluttered, and only a couple of the 10-codes are even used anymore.

Big Bad Wolf KAKV4385
    Son of KLL1182
    Former neighbor of KBH1133

Top Bottom