• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRLREDY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I did a search but didn't come up with anything so here goes. I picked up my P250(compact 9MM) last night (purchased NIB). Once home and messing around with it I notice that with an empty mag in it, the slide won't lock back when you rack it. Is this normal? I have yet to handle a pistol that the slide wouldn't lock open with an empty mag in it. If this is normal, what is the logic for it? You won't know you're empty till you pull the trigger and no bang. Not good if you're an LEO involved in a shootout or something. Granted you could count the rounds but I highly doubt that would happen in a high stress situation. Anyways, just thought I'd ask here first and see what you all had to say. Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited:

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I can't say for the 250 but there are many semi auto guns that don't lock back with any empty mag ..
    The ruger LCP don't the ruger MK1 didn't ALOT of AK's don't ..

you have to check with another 250 owner or try the owners manuel ..

Good luck :ingo::patriot:

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    This is not normal. That weapon should lock open on the final round (or when you rack the slide with an empty mag).

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I have one and yes the slide locks back. Make sure magazine is fully seated. Also cleaning the magazine may help.

TRLREDY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thank you for the replies. I have cleaned it really well and also tried two other mags for it. Still the same results. Any suggestions other than a call to Sig? Thanks.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Take off the slide, run and empty magazine into the frame and see if the follower pushes up the slide lock lever or not. If it does engage the slide lock lever. Then try this..

With your magazine unloaded and pistol unloaded, pull the slide back and hold it to where you can engage the slide lock lever to lock the slide. Don't lock the slide, insert the magazine and see if the magazine follower engages the slide lock. (this is how I checked a pistol of mine with the same issue.)

The follower might not be tall enough or spring is too weak, the slide lock isn't low enough in the frame to be engaged by the follower or the notch in the slide isn't wide or deep enough to engage the slide lock. Hope it helps!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    WE had this problem the last time Natalie took her P250 to the range. This happened with all three of her mags, including the one she got with the gun. The follower will not come up far enough to catch back the slide. There's not enough room in the throat of the Mag for the follower to reach the top. I though about sending all 3 mags back to Sig, but if all the Mags are like this why bother?

I'm just glad to know others are having the same problem and I'm not the only one.

Maybe we should all contact Sig about this? :dunno: Did anyone already do this and fix their issues or are you just dealing with it?

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    This is so odd. I've never seen this happen. Do you have the 15 or 16 round mags? (mine were 15).

Was it an issue of the follower not physically being able to come up OR was it the spring (maybe)?

WE had this problem the last time Natalie took her P250 to the range. This happened with all three of her mags, including the one she got with the gun. The follower will not come up far enough to catch back the slide. There's not enough room in the throat of the Mag for the follower to reach the top. I though about sending all 3 mags back to Sig, but if all the Mags are like this why bother?

I'm just glad to know others are having the same problem and I'm not the only one.

Maybe we should all contact Sig about this? :dunno: Did anyone already do this and fix their issues or are you just dealing with it?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This is so odd. I've never seen this happen. Do you have the 15 or 16 round mags? (mine were 15).

Was it an issue of the follower not physically being able to come up OR was it the spring (maybe)?

The 16rnds, all three. and the follower is just not physically able to come up any farther without some sanding and that would most likely ruin the follower.

baune

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    North side of Indy
    the P250 has had some slide lockback/slide release issues, especially with the .40 factory models. I have the 9mm version and have never had a problem but have heard that the .40 cal models have had some problems. If you've tried 3 different mags and had the problem occures with all of them, the problem is probably in the gun.
    From what i've heard from other 250 owners who've had slide issues, they were able to send it in to Sig and got it back within a week or two and they have great customer service.

Top Bottom