• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Flyer came in the mail yesterday. Cabelas is going to have their Savage Model 12FV on sale again. $419 less a $50 in-store discount and a $100 mail-in rebate from Savage. This makes the rifle a real bargain at $269. They just ran this gun on a $100 discount and a $100 rebate a couple of months ago and that was a smoking deal. It's a heavy barreled varminter with accu-trigger and a polymer stock and is chambered in .204, .223, 22-250, 6.5CM, and .308. The only downside to this gun, IMO, is that it's light for a varminter. I bought one each in .204 and 22-250 and have added weight to the hollow buttstock. This is not the old Savage "tupperware" stock with the extremely flexible forearm. It is a "Cabelas exclusive" model and is not available anywhere else. I consider them bench guns which fits the kind of shooting we do perfectly. Still working on load development for the 22-250 since I've never had one before but I have no doubt the .204 will shoot anything I feed it since we've had several rifles in the caliber. My BIL ordered a .223 during their last sale and had to wait about 2 weeks for it. I think they sold a boat load of these things and probably will again. I may be buying another. :D

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I received that flyer as well. I don't need another rifle, but this is hard to pass up. I've been wanting to get into 6.5CM, and this might be an inexpensive way to dip the toe.

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    I broke down and bought a .223 and a .308 when they were on sale earlier. They were back ordered and took about six weeks to arrive at Cabelas but it was well worth the wait. I am very pleased with them both. The .223 has a trigger pull of 2.5 pounds and the .308 has a 3 pound trigger. Both triggers are crisp with no creep or mushiness and I haven't adjusted either one. Not bad for $219 after sale and rebate. I just need to remind myself that I do not need the other calibers.

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    When I ordered mine last go around it was back ordered and then canceled automatically; much like the Anderson lower I ordered a few weeks ago.
    It seems they allow 'x' amount of orders, fill 60% initially and then just do what they please with the other 40.
    i have gotten a deal or two from them, but just wish they would be honest about it and not let me get my hopes up.

Top Bottom