• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironstarr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    mishawaka
    So i just purchased my first ar, a bushmaster optics ready carbine from dunhams for 800$ total. Anybody have an opinion on these, and is that a bad price? Also since it is optic ready it has just a rail, no sights , anyone know of a good place to shop for sights and a quad rail for cheap? Thanks!

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Check out Primary Arms, they have red dots that have great reviews.They also sell quad rails. Their customer service is top notch and very quick to ship.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    as far as i know a bushmaster AR for $800 is a pretty good deal. Now im no AR stud but i beleive u got a good deal. And yes optics are gna b the most important thimg u add accessory wise to ur AR. Enjoy and let us know how it feels to lose ur AR virginity.

spyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    If you just want basic quad rails, look on ebay. For an optic, you need to decide if you want something with magnafication or not. I'm an eotech guy myself, and I use a magnifier with a flip to side mount (best of both worlds). I think people have used a company like Primary Arms's stuff with good results, but I wouldn't skimp on optics.... If you want a set up for something like 3 gun, you could get a MRD first as those are less expensive, and then get your main optic later.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Kinda late to ask if you got a good deal, don't you think?:):

800 bucks ain't bad though.

The other posters nailed it as far as optics. I hope you shoot the crap out of your rifle so that it is an extension of you.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Aimpoint or Eotech all others are imitations.

Pretty much agree. On the rail, make sure you do not get a plastic quad rail. I would recommend Surefire rails, although there are a couple other great companies out there as well.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Depends on how much you want to spend. Yes, Aimpoint and Eotech are great optics, but if you don't want to put that kind of $ in something to just mess around with now and then or to start you off until you can afford better, check out a Vortex Strikefire.

Dirty Steve

ironstarr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    mishawaka
    Thanks for the replies,sorry took so long to reply . Ended up just putting a cheap tasco red dot for now , eventually want to get something with a slight enhanced zoom. Pit a utg quad rail, magpul afg , and new grip. Coming together nicely . Will post pics soon

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    You will eventually (if not sooner) want a better optic on it and a better quad rail. The inexpensive pieces sound like a good idea at first, but they all end up in a box in your garage. I remember those days...and have the box in the garage to prove it!

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    its not one of the carbons is it? unlike many im a big fan of bushies but the carbon ones have a built in flaw... that being that they built the receivers differently, im not up to speed on specs but i know that unlike most ARs, parts arent universal.

ironstarr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    mishawaka
    hmm, ya im not sure i know its the xm-15 series, optic ready carbine.. you dont think the utg is a good choice for a rail? why? and what would be a better one? thanks

also i plan on gettin some back up irons as well. not sure which ones at the moment, any suggestions? Just picked up a sig p250 and loving that so far, besides cant find and mags to go with it

Last edited by a moderator:

ironstarr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    mishawaka
    no kidding... love to find some mags and ammo! when everyone was going craazy i went and bought about 20-30 boxes of 223, the next day everywhere was wiped out.. my dads friend has a stock pile of mil spec 30 rd mags he is gonna give me so im happy for that.. also all mags, whether it e for pistol or rifle are 40$ on cheaperthandirt! this is madness

IndyTacoma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Avon
    My first ar was a bushmaster and it worked great. I sold it to a buddy and he still shoots it often and loves it. Optics are definatly one of those things you get what you pay for. I would see if you can try some options out from other members to see what you like best before you invest the $$$.

Top Bottom