• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    This video shows that Bush tried to warn Congress in 2002 that this economic crisis was coming, if something was not done. But Congress refused to listen, along with Barney Frank. This video says it all.
    Also the liberal AMERICAN media did not want this video on You Tube, so they had Time Warner threaten a law suit (proprietary rights) if it was not taken off.
    This link is of the same video but is routed through Canada. Everyone in America needs to see this!

YouTube - Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial mess

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I remember the Dems fighting back on this by labeling anyone who tried to place oversight/restrictions on Fanny Mae & Freddie Mac. The usual liberal labels seem to stop everyone in their tracks.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    no blame

It's not about blaming, it's about enlightening.
    And besides it's Congress, not Bush, that would deserve the blame bite.

What I thought was interesting, and maybe to others, is
    1. This video had to routed through Canada to be seen (biased media)
    2. Frank and the others that did not respond to Bush Administration concerns are now the "experts" evaluating trillion dollar stimulus and bail out provisions.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Good clip but "old" news. I've been following this mess for a while now and it's true. The seeds of the problem started duirng the last years of the Clinton White House!
    The push for affordable housing is what the DEMs wanted and thus why they blocked all pushed by the Bush 2 White House on oversight of Fanie/Fredie. However the DEMs along are not to blame for this mess. Congressional REPs made some good money along the way in terms of new home companys building like crazy, companies fro 'raw' materials also made out like bandits most which lean REP. They knew some home owner could not afford this but hey the homes were selling right?

But wait... we have some more blame to go around. AVG JOE and JANE who knew damb well that they could not taken out a $500,000 mortage with zero down with a varibale interest rate. Plus all those bastards that took out a home equitly (2nd mortage) on their home banking that the values of homes were going up and up and instead of remodeling (as is the tradition of those type of loans) they blew it on HDTV big screen TVs, expensive vacations, running up the VISA/MASTERCARD.

So you see we are all to blame on this one. Why you and me (who did nothing wrong, pay our bills on time, etc). We also have some balme since we did not try had enough to vote out all those greedy grimlins in DC! We failed to warn the sheep what was/is occuring. So now we are on the brink of kissing this country good bye and hello Civil War II.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    You know how great it is to play in INGO-land after conversing with confused fuzzy headed sheeple people all day? It's great, let me tell you...

but anyway what prompted me to post mostly was the fact that the
    video had to be routed through Cananda. Is this old news to you keen INGOers too?

Daaang.. Does anybody know where the "I-no-longer-wanna-be-a-sheeple" people forum is so that I can post it there?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Biased media where? Not here! Heck just tune to the spanish news and you SEE a lot of more news both US and INTERNATIONAL that the english stations don't even touch.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Right... bush warned congress, then voted for every bill to come down the pike worsening the problem.

Sorry, one set of comments vs 6 years of fiscal irresponsibility HE signed off on does nothing to change my opinion of that nimrod.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Right... bush warned congress, then voted for every bill to come down the pike worsening the problem.

Sorry, one set of comments vs 6 years of fiscal irresponsibility HE signed off on does nothing to change my opinion of that nimrod.

This would fall under "lots of other things we can blame him for." His policies alone harmed our economy--I fully agree, but they didn't do nearly the damage that Fannie & Freddie have done.

Tusk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    If it was so important why werent they screaming..........

I know many rep's warned of the Fannie and Freddie bull, I know many dem's did not :rockwoot:pay any attention.......my question is why did'nt the people doing warning did NOT take it to the public ??
    They all say they did this and they did that........I kinda think I would have been screaming my head off every chance I got for PEOPLE to listen and not just bring it up and then sit right back down !!

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Good clip but "old" news. I've been following this mess for a while now and it's true. The seeds of the problem started duirng the last years of the Clinton White House!

Actually, the seeds were planted in 1913.

Top Bottom