• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Bush commutes sentences of former Border Patrol agents - CNN.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- On his final full day in office, President Bush issued commutations for two former border patrol agents convicted in 2006 of shooting an undocumented immigrant who was smuggling drugs at the time.
    The prison sentences of Ignacio Ramos and Joe Campean will now end March 20.
    Ramos had received an 11-year prison sentence; Campean had received a 12-year sentence.

I never thought he would do it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm happy with it. They shouldn't have messed with evidence, they would have been fine until they acted like they had something to be guilty of.

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    Who was that Fed prosecutors name again. Now they may have a chance to work on overturning the conviction if it can be done.
    Bush SOP. Never do something exactly right. Gotta be halfway, twice as much, or wrong target altogether.
    Drug runner was caught again running drugs while waiting to testify.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'm happy with it. They shouldn't have messed with evidence, they would have been fine until they acted like they had something to be guilty of.

The reason(s) they were convicted should stand. They were guilty as hell of what they were charged with. The fact that they tampered with evidence and perjured themselves is what got them into trouble. Had they told the truth and been up-front and honest from the beginning, they would likely not be in jail in the first place.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I have a buddy who is a DEA on the border with Mexico. I don't remember which town he is in now, but right across the border, the town has had over 15000 murders last year (2008) alone. Very heavy drug dealings. He said that the bad guys will fire from the town at border agents knowing there is nothing they can do. He was telling me about guys get hit or their trucks are hit everyday. And this never makes the news. But shoot some dealer in the butt...BOOM! Headlines everywhere.
    We bust them, throw them back across the river and next day they shoot at you and laugh while doing it.
    And you wonder why the Mexican government is on the verge of collapse.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    If they killed the smuggler, the smuggler couldnt have been used against him in court. Dead men cant tell stories ;)

Top Bottom