• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Im getting interested in building a first gun. Whats an easy gun to start with for a first. what kind of tools or special equipment will I need. I like to build things and work on cars and Id like to bring two hobbies together. Heck not to brag but I put a truck together from bare parts with time and know how, certainly I can make a working firearm especially if uneducated kids in Africa do it and people did it in bicycle shops in WWII for the underground. Who knows maybe I just might find my calling lol. Im talking like doing a build with parts kits and receivers BTW. Im not gonna whittle me an AK lol

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Lots of kits to build your own AR as well as lots of tip advice and instruction on the internet. I've actually heard it recommended many times that you build your AR rather than buy it, so you get the features you want nothing you don't and overall more rifle for less money.

Here's two links to get you started...
    So you want to buy an AR-15, huh?
    M4Carbine.net Forums - Powered by vBulletin

If they sold the slides and receivers for Glocks separately you could assemble it faster than most Lego sets.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    more or less assemble it I was thinking a psl actually but they seem cheaper to buy than build maybe a ppsh41 if possible

A PSL? You mean the Romanian jobbie the PSL54C which I've seen at the gun shows as "Dragunov".:rolleyes:

When you say paypayshawsorokodin, you mean Title I, right?

Plans for both are widely available, including articles from The Shotgun News.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    A PSL? You mean the Romanian jobbie the PSL54C which I've seen at the gun shows as "Dragunov".:rolleyes:

When you say paypayshawsorokodin, you mean Title I, right?

Plans for both are widely available, including articles from The Shotgun News.

why yes the Romanian job that idiots say are dragunovs and actually Id like the shorter ak 54r but I havnt seen any parts kits for those

and title 1 means semi right?

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first build was my vz58. Harder than an AR or AK build, but not as hard as the two you mentioned. IIRC the PSL and PPsh41 kits require a decent amount of fabrication skill. I had a few fitment and function issues but once I had it tweaked the rifle's run perfect ever since.

Check out the vz58s, they really are a great rifle. :yesway:

Top Bottom