• jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    In that case, newbies should GO INSIDE!

The drive-through is for professionals only! :D

Agreed. Unfortunately I was unaware of this until I was already up to the speaker, trapped, with a car behind me. I saved the day though and just ordered for her. :D Good news was, she LOVED IT! Imagine that. :rolleyes:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Did she only know McDonalds because its the only restaurant Martinsville has? HAHA! I kid, I've not been to Martinsville since 1999 to visit the tattoo artist who owned SEAL OF THE LIVING GOD tattooing. Yikes.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I saw this thread and thought it was a concert review...sorry...carry on...

MVC-003X.JPG

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Grab and move . . . grab and move!

Its not a smart idea to put one's fingers in the Rhino cage. They may not be there when you pull thine hand back! :D

hornadyLNL: Arent you on vacation? Why all the complaining? If you wanted a perfect vacation, copping out and going to Disentary World or a packed place in the Gulf of Mexico isnt the plan. Gotta find someplace really deserted, like Alberta Canada (the entire Canadian Shield is beautiful this time of year).

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    There used to be a buffet in Ft Wayne called Duffy's. (Behind Evan's Toyota for those in the area) One part of the buffet was round and rotated. There were dividers every 2.5 feet or so. When you saw something you wanted you had to be quick about it.

The only 2 buffets I have been to recently are Pizza Hut and Ryan's. Pizza Hut sux becasue people go up and load down the (small) plate with 4 or 5 slices on it, or as soon as a taco pizza comes out half the restaurant swoops in like a vulture and snatches it up right away. Ryan's isn't bad, but I tend to think of the poeple there as livestock grazing, cramming their guts with more than they should. People forget it's all you can eat, not eat all you can.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Its not a smart idea to put one's fingers in the Rhino cage. They may not be there when you pull thine hand back! :D

hornadyLNL: Arent you on vacation? Why all the complaining? If you wanted a perfect vacation, copping out and going to Disentary World or a packed place in the Gulf of Mexico isnt the plan. Gotta find someplace really deserted, like Alberta Canada (the entire Canadian Shield is beautiful this time of year).

Oh, I'm having a great time. It's just idiots **** me off and they're not limited to just Florida. I mainly posted my "rants" because I had time to kill while waiting in line, riding on a boat, etc and I have an iPhone. Most people just **** me off. One of my favorite phrases from basic training is "move like you have a purpose in life". If I'm walking somewhere, I've got at least a general destination in mind. Most people seem to wonder around with no purpose in life.

A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    There used to be a buffet in Ft Wayne called Duffy's. (Behind Evan's Toyota for those in the area) One part of the buffet was round and rotated. There were dividers every 2.5 feet or so. When you saw something you wanted you had to be quick about it.

I remember Duffy's. There was one down at Southtown Mall. Holy S#$%! i am old. I did like the rotating buffet, very good idea I thought for the time.

A. Ramon

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Usually the only buffets I eat are pizza buffets. I usually do Pizza Hut a handful of times a year. This is followed by Ponderosa about five times a year as well. The Pizza Hut buffets are good or bad depending on busy the place is ran, and how big the buffet area is. I think the corporate stores, and most of the franchise stores, have the typical small hot plate buffet. A few franchise stores throw more money into their buffets and have a bigger serving area that holds more pizzas. Mozzi's pizza in Greenfield has a nice buffet set-up as well. The Ponderosa buffets are really good, but too pricey for me. I have eating Golden Corral about two times, and both times I felt that the price was just too much. Yes, they have a great selection at GC, but I don't like to eat a lot, so I feel I am paying way too much. I have pretty much decided to stop eating out at the sit down places where you leave a tip. I don't see a problem with the cheaper, quality food at Hardee's, DQ, etc.

The only buffets I really seem to enjoy are those with breakfast food, and even those can be so-so. I like crispy bacon and sometimes the bacon appears to not even be cooked. I like a more dry scrabbled egg, not runny, etc. etc.. Shoney's used to have a pretty decent breakfast buffet. Another awesome buffet as at the old Paramount Music Palace, but that closed it down.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ^^I remember a rotating buffet in Lafayette when I was a kid but thought the name was Duff's.

^Shoney's did have a great breakfast buffet.:yesway:

But nothing compares to Fogo de Chao for all you can eat. I'll leave a healthy tip there because they bring the meats to you on swords.
    Frickin' awesome!:rockwoot:

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    I remember Duffy's.

There was one in Terre Haute, late 70's - early 80's back behind the mall.

That was the first time I'd ever seen a "professional" asked to make their last plate, then leave.

They had the rotating serving line too - based on what I remember of the average size of the patrons, it was probably a good thing the food was moving, and not them.

Top Bottom