• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    A few years ago we camped at Buffalo Rec campground. We drove up to the 9 miles launch, can't remember it's name. It started out slow, having to walk over shallow rapids. Rain started soon. By the time we got to the 5 mile launch the flag post near the bank was half of yellow caution area. Lots of water by the time we got back to the campground and hard to beach. The 9 mile trip is to the Hwy 14 bridge. 11 1/2 miles to the campground. Rain continued until the next morning and river was roaring.
    Hwy 14 bridge is tall and water has been over it a few times.
    Here's link for water levels. Harriett, AR would be Hwy 14 reading.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Years ago I took a float trip down the White river which the Buffalo river flows into. The difference in water temperature was dramatic at their meeting. It was an interesting fishing confluence where you could catch bass and trout within a short distance.

Tom Threetoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Southwestern IN
    For a time many many years ago my mom lived within walking distance of the Buffalo River long before it was a declared a National Scenic River. I was maybe 10 or 12 when we visited there, it really was a beautiful place. The 2 things I remember most about it was the tiny little cabin she and her family lived in and the teen age boys that were diving off the cliff into the river.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom