• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaNdYMaN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    north side.
    ok what would have to be done to take your gun on a plane with you? in undercarriage? or with no ammo in locked case?

just to clairafy im not wanting to like carry it on my hip on the plane. just take it on a trip. thanks for any info.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You'd have to do what I do. Refuse to fly commercial, and fly yourself. Otherwise, it's not happening. There is no way to legally take a gun into the cabin of an airliner. Gotta be in checked luggage.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My brother-in-law gets to carry on planes...

Then again, he's well compensated for the "privelage" do to so.

It's just too bad that I can't ever be on a plane with him while he's working. :)

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    ok what would have to be done to take your gun on a plane with you? in undercarriage? or with no ammo in locked case?

just to clairafy im not wanting to like carry it on my hip on the plane. just take it on a trip. thanks for any info.

Did anyone besides shooter521 actually read all of the origional post :dunno:

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    In the case of expensive knives or guns (or any other expensive article) the best method to make sure the gun or knife shows up at your destination is ship it insured several days in advance using your favorite parcel delivery company (FedEx, UPS, USPS...). I’ve read too many stories of knife makers and buyers losing their knives to baggage handlers or TSA personnel.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    In the case of expensive knives or guns (or any other expensive article) the best method to make sure the gun or knife shows up at your destination is ship it insured several days in advance using your favorite parcel delivery company (FedEx, UPS, USPS...). I’ve read too many stories of knife makers and buyers losing their knives to baggage handlers or TSA personnel.

Wouldn't a gun need to be sent to an FFL and force another background check?

I took my carry gun with me to Alaska. I packed it in my suitcase, in a locked pistol case, and declared it at baggage check-in. I had no issues whatsoever with the process, and it was much friendlier than the carry-on screening process. I wouldn't worry about it, so long as you know that you're legally able to possess it at your destination.

Top Bottom