• ...and so much more!
  • billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Several family+friends are going with me to the 1500 Sat. AM..

Going to do a breakfast first.

Where's some good eating places within 5-7mi. of the Fair Grounds?

Thanks in advance..Bill.

Protectorof5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Carmel
    I agree that the food at Cafe Patachou is really good. Depending on what kind of atmosphere you are looking for would determine the best paces to go. Cafe Patachou is a little formal, more like a French bistro with a mid-high price for breakfast. 5 miles away at 365 N. Illinois St. is one of my favorites, Acapulco Joes. Fantastic jalapeño biscuits and gravy. The only reason I'm letting you in on it is that I am going to the 1500 on Sunday so I don't have to worry about you crop dusting me after a Mexican breakfast :)

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I agree that the food at Cafe Patachou is really good. Depending on what kind of atmosphere you are looking for would determine the best paces to go. Cafe Patachou is a little formal, more like a French bistro with a mid-high price for breakfast. 5 miles away at 365 N. Illinois St. is one of my favorites, Acapulco Joes. Fantastic jalapeño biscuits and gravy. The only reason I'm letting you in on it is that I am going to the 1500 on Sunday so I don't have to worry about you crop dusting me after a Mexican breakfast :)

I have to be that guy. If you haven't been to Joe's lately you are in for a nasty surprise. Owners have changed and the place sucks now. Check some of the Yelp, Urbanspoon reviews I spent some time talking to their new owner recently and he was aware of the problems and was working to fix them. If it were me I would wait a while longer before trying them again.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    If your just wanting good, old fashion, normal breakfast food, go to Charley Brown's in Speedway. From there to the state Fairground is only 10-15 minutes.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was thinking more on the line of Steak+Eggs+Hash Browns=Biscuits+Gravy..That kind of cooking..Bill

Kountry Kitchen Soulfood Place

1831 North College Avenue
    Indianapolis, IN 46202-1718
    (317) 926-4476
    Open Mon-Sat 7am-7pm; Sun 8am-7pm

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    If you werent coming in from the north side, one of my favorite places in Indy for a good breakfast is Manns on the south side. Its a mom and pop kind of restaurant, and I have NEVER known anyone to leave that place hungry, or broke.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    The Donut Shop at about 55th and Keystone has a nice regular menu for breakfast or lunch. Check out urbanspoon for reviews. One thing to remember if you go it is cash only.

peal1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Donut Shop at about 55th and Keystone has a nice regular menu for breakfast or lunch. Check out urbanspoon for reviews. One thing to remember if you go it is cash only.

I'll second the recommendation for Donut Shop - breakfast served all day. Good Morning Mama's is very good as well, but the wait gets long.

Top Bottom