• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Join us in Brazil, Indiana, for our second Appleseed at the ProTEQ Firearms Academy. We've got several instructors signed up to work and plenty of room on the line for more shooters. The local volunteer fire department is providing coffee and a danish in the mornings and a hot lunch both days for the price of a donation. This is a 25 meter shoot with 100 yard KD Sunday afternoon.

No rifle? Sign up, we've got loaners. No ammo? Sign up, I've got ammo that I will sell to you at my cost. No sling? Sign up, we've got slings that you can borrow. Other issues? Sign up, we can work through most anything.

For more info go here: Appleseed Schedule

See you on the line,

brian

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    We still have plenty of room on the line for more shooters. As it stands now there will be lots of one-on-one attention. Don't pass up this opportunity to work on your marksmanship, hear the story of our country's birth and let the Johnson Volunteer Fire Department pamper with a hot lunch.

C ya,

brian

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Mar 25, 2011
    I have my son and myself registered for this one. It will be our first, and we're both getting pretty excited.
    Just sent you a pm with some questions.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Jeepcrazed,

I just replied to your PM. Thank you for taking the time to prepare so thoroughly. I'm looking forward to having you and your son on the line.

I'm also eager to see your FS2000. I was at the Atterbury shoot this past weekend and they had Tavors on display but I didn't get a chance to handle or shoot one. I've got no experience with a bullpup so it will interesting to just to put my hands on one, if you'll let me (please, please, please).

C ya,

brian

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    I was just over in Terre Haute today delivering some promo stuff to a couple of gun shops. One of the guys said, "Yeah, we've had some people coming in asking about Appleseed." Perfect! If you are asking about Appleseed in Terre Haute that means you should be signing up for Brazil!

There is room on the line, I've got .22LR if you need it and I've got slings that I'm willing to loan if you don't have one of your own.

The Johnson Volunteer Fire Department is taking care of the food. All they ask is that you help them out with a donation. It will be a great shoot. Join us!

C ya,

brian

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Details!

I just read an email from one of the guys from the Johnson Volunteer Fire Department. Here's the important part:

quote: Saturday the high is supposed to be 80. Hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill and fresh home fries. Coffee, ice tea, bottled water and Gatorade on ice throughout the entire training evolution, as well as snack chips. Cinnamon rolls in the morning.

Sunday, the high is projected to be 79. Same fare as Saturday except fresh caught blue gill and crappie fillets, fried on site, potato salad and cole slaw and other stuff mentioned above. endquote.

Forget about everything else I've put in previous posts. That should be enough on its own to get you to Brazil this weekend.

There's still time to sign up. And if you can't sign up we'll take you just showing up.

C ya,

brian

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    This is tomorrow! I'm looking forward to two great days of history, heritage and marksmanship. The food is going to be great, too.

Remember that I've got slings to loan, ammo to sell (at my cost) and a rifle that someone can borrow if you need any of these things.

C ya,

brian

ddb40

Plinker
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    It was a GREAT weekend. I counted 8 to 11 shooters on the line during the the two days (the range could easily have held 3 times that number). We had sun and rain protection up over the Shooting and Equipment lines (both of which where needed). The food was excellent, both the all day snacks / drinks and the hot meal at noon. The Dick Johnson VFD did a grand job of the food and plans to add a special treat to the August event (their Annual Homemade Ice Cream Social is during this time...guess what Appleseed gets). The history presentations where marvelous and very informative. It's good to acknowledge the realization that "OLD MEN" are dangerous. Sunday afternoon we moved the line back to 200 YARDS and had plenty of Steel targets including two Silhouettes that offered an excellent example for estimating range and relative target size.

ProTEQ really enjoyed sponsoring this second Appleseed Event. The Instructors and Staff, the Program Outline, the Teaching Methods, the Safety Awareness, and The ENTIRE Presentation are Top Notch. I'll learn with each event what the program needs and ProTEQ will strive to provide those modifications. I'm very thankful that Brian found me and enlighten me to RWVA, we'll have a long and successful relationship here on the range.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Another great weekend at ProTEQ! You can check out the After Action Report on the Project Appleseed site here: Brazil, IN June 29 & 30

The food was excellent as Don mentioned above and I knew it would be. At to that a covered firing to keep the elements off of us and I felt a little under-dressed with just a T-shirt and khakis on!

We had a good group of shooters with everybody showing improvement throughout the weekend. One new Rifle(wo)man! Congratulations, Joanne! A woman who knows very well what she is about.

Let's see: rifle marksmanship, American heritage and history, good food, a covered firing line, ice cream. I'll see you in August!

brian

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom