• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Saw an ad for tactinet brass catcher and it's something (a brass catcher) i've always wanted but never pulled the trigger on (puns are fun)
    So what say yee? What do you have and how much?
    The tactinet is like $45. w/ discount for multiples. too much? I like the fact it just pops on the pic rail.
    TIA for input.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Brass catchers seem like a good idea. But I'm cheap and usually just drape a rag over the ejection port of my rifle so they just drop straight down.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Pretty easy to tune an AR ejector. I always wanted my brass to fall on my shooting mat.

1) tap the roll pin that hold the ejector pin out (be ready to catch the ejector)

2) cut the ejector spring to only stick out of it's hole about 1 coil. This is a good place to start, one springs may need another 1/2 coil cut off.

3) Reassemble and test. I did this on both my match rifle and my service rifle. Shot 10's of thousands of rounds and never once had to call an alibi for a failure to eject.

If you don't like it, put a new stock spring under the plunger. Not many 80 cent experiments you can do to an AR.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    BrassGoat bought one a couple months ago and don't hate it pretty cool actually.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I found a cheap way of doing it. Learned it from Don at Proteq.

Take 2 8' furring strips and a 8x12' tarp.

Staple A furring strip to each end (the 8' one) It rolls up nicely out of the way. To Deploy it. Hold it by the loose end and kinda toss/flick it underhand like you are tossing the other stick. it unfurls easily.

Granted its not portable, but if you have a home range (or pickup truck) it works great.

Last edited:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Haven't heard of the "Tactinet" ones, but I use a Caldwell branded one that's identical in design. Surely made by the same Asian children.

Works really well, and will hold about 60 cases before it really needs emptied. Easy on/off and you can find multiple pic-rail shoes to transfer between rifles. It may block an ambidextrous bolt release.

It can cause malfunctions if you're using non-standard positions - such as rolled 90° left as through a VTAC board or under some other barricade.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Haven't heard of the "Tactinet" ones, but I use a Caldwell branded one that's identical in design. Surely made by the same Asian brown children.
    FIFY Some are made south of the border.

I wanted a brass magnet net, but those things are salty at $175. At that price, they had better be sewing those domestically and just using foreign sourced materials. (which apparently are out of stock right now because they say they are out of stock and to check back June 1.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Here is what I've been using.

This one I use for catching Pistol brass. I mount it on a 72" camera stand and it works good when shooting my 10mm 1911.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    I have the brass goat ,it's great compared to a couple others I've used but can't use it on my 14.5 with lpvo and flip up 45° sights

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Bought this one on Amazon a while back & have used it a couple of times.
    Works fine on Colt & Ruger AR's.
    Feyachi Brass Shell Catcher, Tactical Cartridge Nylon Mesh Collector Casing Catcher for Rifle Range Shooting
    1650881983353.png

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I saw some interesting brass catchers in my facebook days might be able to find the pic in “girls with guns thread” lol

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    BrassGoat bought one a couple months ago and don't hate it pretty cool actually.
    This. I think it works way better than the net. easy to remove and empty.

Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    Bought this primarily because it's American made. Takes up a good bit of room on the shooting bench.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lovemywoods (an engineer by trade) has the simplest, most efficient system I have seen. He sets up a medium sized empty box appropriately to catch brass. A couple of ammo boxes hold it down and keep the brass from rolling out

Top Bottom