• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZebLocke

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2013
    Anderson
    what would be recommended for long term storage for my brass and aluminum bullet molds? i have ammo cans, plastic shoeboxes etc...., plenty of desiccant and a temperature/humidity controlled environment to store them. will they be ok with empty cavities or should they be filled with lead? apply light coat of ballistol? i plan on them being dormant for quite a while.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    You can oil them up like you said. No real need for the ammo can storage nor to fill them with lead. Just clean them up good before you oil them and again before you use them. The main worry is the handles rusting with aluminum and brass molds. That's the only steel on them. Keep them from bad humidity and your gtg.

Warsaw214

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    4 years, just checked them last night.... I filled the molds and then sprayed them down with mold release and placed in my safe... its been 4 years and look ready to go. I've been getting organized this month and doing a purge... selling off stuff to make room for what I'll actually use. It's great timing at the moment, as I've been able to recover my investment for stuff I never used or used very little... while making others happy that they were available.

Top Bottom