• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I know we all talk about the Brady Bunch, but how many of you have went to the site and looked at the disinformation first hand? I found the example below and laughed out loud.

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Publication date: June 2008

What does it say? The majority of Colorado gun felons interviewed for the study were against Colorado’s “shall issue” law because they thought the law would lead to more gun violence, not less.

How can I use it? The main argument for permissive concealed carry laws is that they will reduce crime. The logic is that criminals will be less likely to engage in crime because they do not want to engage a victim carrying a gun. This study provides evidence that gun criminals reject this logic and believe that “shall issue” laws will increase gun violence.

Citation: Unnithan, N. Pragbha, "Gun Felons and Gun Regulation: Offenders’ Views About and Reactions to “Shall Issue” Policies for Carrying Concealed Weapons," Criminal Justice Policy Review, 19(2):196-214

OK I'm still laughing :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I had to read that twice...

i guess along that thinking they should take my guns away or else the man breaking into my home to kill me and my family might become the "victim" of some 12 gauge "violence"

koveras225

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Noble County
    If mental gymnastics were an Olympic sport... The Brady bunch just got a 10/10 across the board. I nearly choked on my tongue when I read that :):

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    If you read their brief to President Obama, it says that criminals prefer Assault Rifles 12 to 1 over law abiding gun owners...

I still can't get over this today.... I want to know where they honestly think they got that statistic.

EDIT: Straight from the Obama Transition Memo

Semiautomatic assault weapons unleash extraordinary firepower. ATF has concluded that assault weapons “are not generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes” and instead “are attractive to certain criminals.”72 ATF’s analysis of guns traced to crime showed that assault weapons “are preferred by criminals over law abiding citizens eight to one….

Click if you want your brain to melt:
    http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/politics/obama-transition-memo.pdf

Top Bottom