BRADIS holiday hours & After Christmas Sale!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Jul 3, 2010
    Made it in today. Only bought ammo though.

Just for comparison, Bradis II 200rd Federal .40 S&W ~$50 ($55 regular with 10% off sale). Stopped by Gander Mountain afterwards to spend some Christmas gift certificates and their Federal .40 S&W was $19.99 per 50 rds! Hmmm.... $80 versus $50. You tell me which one is the small locally owned shop???

Bradis you guys rock!!! :rockwoot:

Also, very good to meet Shooter 521 today and Dorky D, who happened to be there at the same time I was... looks like he made a better purchase than me though!

Pretty good price.

Gander's normal ammo prices are pretty ridiculous, but occasionally they have some good deals.

FYI, Gander has run Federal 180 Grain .40 FMJ's (50 rounds) for $11.99 twice this month leading up to Christmas. I picked up several boxes. Some of which I Price Matched at Walmart and some at Gander.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Dec 4, 2010
    Yeah, good to meet you too IndyWise. It was nice to put a name to a face to Shooter as well.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    My family and I made it Sunday and some others I know made it then also.....

In all honestly I was looking for an excuse to buy something untill I saw that sign that said you guys don't accept gift cards and that was most of the spending money I had so I just looked around. I did ask why and was told that you guys don't have a way to verify them....

My wife did not the porcalin section in Bradis II.

WebSnyper

Jul 3, 2010
    My family and I made it Sunday and some others I know made it then also.....

In all honestly I was looking for an excuse to buy something untill I saw that sign that said you guys don't accept gift cards and that was most of the spending money I had so I just looked around. I did ask why and was told that you guys don't have a way to verify them....

That's a bummer. You're talking about the Visa or American Express type GC's?

PSS takes them, as I used one earlier this year toward the Glock 27 I purchased. No issues at all using it.

Not to come into a Bradis thread and promote someone else, but just stating facts :dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    That's a bummer. You're talking about the Visa or American Express type GC's?

Yes. We don't take American Express anything. With the Visa gift cards, I don't know if it's because there are additional fees associated with processing them, or what. We don't take business credit cards, either. Those decisions were made by the owners several years ago, and I'm not up on all the details. Sorry!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yes. We don't take American Express anything. With the Visa gift cards, I don't know if it's because there are additional fees associated with processing them, or what. We don't take business credit cards, either. Those decisions were made by the owners several years ago, and I'm not up on all the details. Sorry!

Thanks for the info, the younger girl that was working there was really nice about it. I joked about getting the ok for an INGO member and she was going to ask the boss and I laughed and told her not to worry about it.

That sign printed and maybe in a cheap frame would look a lot nicer/be more noticable.

Yeah this was a Visa card.

Someone that I know that was there got a laser/light combo for his glock SC and was really happy with it and the price.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The Visa gift cards are a PITA for retailers. Most small retailers do not have supporting equipment or software to verify balances on the cards. The only way those reliably work is if you spend the exact original amount on the card, to the penny, in a single transaction without using any other form of payment. I have been going round-and-round with Visa over these stupid cards for a couple years now. It's way less of a headache to simply not accept them than it is to try and fool with them. :twocents:

/end threadjack

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    The Visa gift cards are a PITA for retailers. Most small retailers do not have supporting equipment or software to verify balances on the cards. The only way those reliably work is if you spend the exact original amount on the card, to the penny, in a single transaction without using any other form of payment. I have been going round-and-round with Visa over these stupid cards for a couple years now. It's way less of a headache to simply not accept them than it is to try and fool with them. :twocents:

/end threadjack

I personally hate not spending the whole amount all at once, it is then a pain to remember how much is still on it or calling to find out.

WebSnyper

Jul 3, 2010

/end threadjack

Yeah, I agree kind of a pain, although I have had no issue when using more than 1 form of payment. When I bought my 27, I used the Visa GC as a payment for the whole amount of the GC, and then paid the rest with another card. Went through with no issues. And while it is a pain, the bottom line is that retailers who don't accept them will lose sales.

VUPDblue

Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yeah, I agree kind of a pain, although I have had no issue when using more than 1 form of payment. When I bought my 27, I used the Visa GC as a payment for the whole amount of the GC, and then paid the rest with another card. Went through with no issues. And while it is a pain, the bottom line is that retailers who don't accept them will lose sales.

I'm totally OK with that. Every time we've had a customer present one, they've happily presented alternative payment when informed of the policy. My biggest issue with the cards is that if they are presented for part of the total sale, they get declined but the funds are withdrawn anyway. Then we have to go through the process with Visa and recover the funds back to the card. It costs more in manpower effort to fix Visa's screw-up than we would have made in profit on the sale. It only makes sense to not accept them in my case.

WebSnyper

Jul 3, 2010
    I'm totally OK with that. Every time we've had a customer present one, they've happily presented alternative payment when informed of the policy. My biggest issue with the cards is that if they are presented for part of the total sale, they get declined but the funds are withdrawn anyway. Then we have to go through the process with Visa and recover the funds back to the card. It costs more in manpower effort to fix Visa's screw-up than we would have made in profit on the sale. It only makes sense to not accept them in my case.

Wow, did not know that. Thanks for the information.

I haven't had such issues using them, but I always make sure I know the amounts to the penny that are on the cards if I'm going to use them as part of a bigger purchase.

VUPDblue

Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Wow, did not know that. Thanks for the information.

I haven't had such issues using them, but I always make sure I know the amounts to the penny that are on the cards if I'm going to use them as part of a bigger purchase.

That definitely helps sometimes but not always. Visa wants merchants to use THEIR processor and the Visa processor is the only vendor that supplies software that uses the cards the way they SHOULD be used. The big boxes get their rear-ends kissed by Visa, that's why your cards work there and they can use them without issue, because Visa supplies them with the correct software. I'm not mad at Visa for it, it sucks but it's their prerogative. I'll just continue to just not accept their gift cards.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Do you currently have a Mini 14 w/ATI stock? if so what would be the retail @ Bradis?

No. We have several Minis in (both new and used), but not the MINI-14/20CF with the ATI collapsible folder. Call when we re-open on Jan. 2 and we can get you a price and see about ordering that one for you.

Looking for a new or used Glock 22. Do you have any in stock, if so what kind of price am I looking at?

As of 12/27, we had a couple Gen3 and a Gen4 G22 in used. Call after the holidays for pricing.

Top Bottom