Boycott TSA groping and irradiating by boycotting airline flight on 9/11/11!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Wouldn't it be nice if every business, and all personal travel could be scheduled to not fly on September 11, 2011 in observance of the attacks on The United States of America and the innocent people slaughtered right here on our soil?????!!!!!!

Want to send a message to the TSA that we are not the enemy???? Want to get the airlines involve by affecting their bottom line???? Want to get the airport shops involve at the thought of losing one full day of business????

9/11/11 - No commercial flights!

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    How does this make a point exactly? I just book my flight to leave or
    return on a different day? I'm still spending the money. :dunno:

The only way these little boycots will ever work is if people cut down on
    air travel altogether. Changing the date of your flight does nothing to their
    bottome line.

I respect your desire to make a statement, but I don't see how this
    accomplishes anything. It's like saying don't buy gas on 9.11
    You still buy gas, just on 9.12 :dunno:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    You are still spending the money, but having a hundred Boeing 737s sitting on the tarmac even one day will cost an airline a fortune.

According to : http://create.usc.edu/assets/pdf/51831.pdf it is estimated that the grounding of aircraft for one day would cost the airlines $2.5 Billion not to mention what the loss of revenue to the shops at the airports. Yes you could fly the next day, but unlike a gas station, the lost of flight hours is unrecoverable.

Last edited:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Yup, unless an emergency I'm rewarding OPEC and Chevy instead of AA or Delta.

It kinda doesn't make sense to boycott airlines when the TSA gets paid whether we fly or not. The airlines have nothing to do with the Government agencys that regulate them and their clients.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Private pilot here. Haven't been on a "smoker" in four years and don't plan to go anytime soon. I guess I'll be boycotting on 9-11 still.

Last edited:

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Adding to this: As long as "we" submit to this....I'm sure TSA will be there to oblige. Maybe if the airlines only saw crickets at the terminals things would change.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I can't really afford to fly anymore so I guess count me in on the boycott. It is a lot cheaper to fly and does not really take that much longer.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    How does this make a point exactly? I just book my flight to leave or
    return on a different day? I'm still spending the money. :dunno:

The only way these little boycots will ever work is if people cut down on
    air travel altogether. Changing the date of your flight does nothing to their
    bottome line.

I respect your desire to make a statement, but I don't see how this
    accomplishes anything. It's like saying don't buy gas on 9.11
    You still buy gas, just on 9.12 :dunno:
    this, for most people, they will just book a different day. i however simply am not flying at all. 9/11 or any other day. if i cant drive there. i dont go there.

i know its the TSA and not the airlines that we are mad at. but the theory is, when the airlines start to hurt, they will lobby against the government. my fear however is that the gov will just bail them out before they go broke.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It kinda doesn't make sense to boycott airlines when the TSA gets paid whether we fly or not. The airlines have nothing to do with the Government agencys that regulate them and their clients.

Actually, the airlines/airports could contract their own security. They are not required to use the TSA, other than they might lose Federal funding if they do not.

Many small, regional airports use private security. I think there is a fairly major one in California that uses private security. Just do a quick Google search to see all of the other airports considering the same (http://www.google.com/search?q=cali...gc.r_pw.&fp=1ec92a21f3882047&biw=1149&bih=638)

Sure, the FAA can beat on their chest and threaten to cancel flights, but if it ends up costing their industry BILLIONS, they will have no choice but to relent.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    this, for most people, they will just book a different day. i however simply am not flying at all. 9/11 or any other day. if i cant drive there. i dont go there.

i know its the TSA and not the airlines that we are mad at. but the theory is, when the airlines start to hurt, they will lobby against the government. my fear however is that the gov will just bail them out before they go broke.

I just want to repeat that unlike oil companies that don't care when we buy our gasoline, an airline has to pay for their fleet regardless as to whether the aircraft are on the ground collecting dust or in the air generating revenue.

Yes, TSA gets paid to stand around an empty airport, but I think that is where the point will be made. It is the airlines that carry more clout than we do, and if we can hurt their bottom line even just one day it will get the point across.

As for more government bailouts, even though they have proven that bailouts don't work, I am sure they are more than willing to throw our money into the trash because it makes certain voters feel good.

Top Bottom