Bowling Pins this Sat. @ MCF&G (DATE CHANGE)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Because the 4th Saturday of the month falls on Christmas day, we've moved Bowling Pins to the 3rd Saturday (12/18) of the month for December. The current forecast doesn't look very inviting. I'm pretty sure it will be too cold to shoot bowling pins, so you should probably come prepared to shoot steel plates.

We have brought back to the range a pair of plate racks with steel plates cut in the shape of bowling pins. In theory, we'll still be able to shoot head to head like a regular match. The plate rack will be further away than the normal distance (for safety reasons) but the pins are actual size. So accuracy will be a lot more important than firepower.

Start time during the winter months is 1 PM. Set up will be at 12:30. Check INGunOwners.com > The Range > Shooting Sports to confirm the match hasn't been canceled. If the temperature is only going to be in the teens or the wind chill looks brutal, I'm inclined to call off the match. I'll try to send an e-mail and post to INGO by 11:30 AM on Saturday if the match is cancelled.

Bowling Pin Shooting is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of a range officer (RO), or at the designated "safe table". Violation of this or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

If you have any questions about the match, please read the rules posted at: www.IndyRange.com (look under "Programs and Events" > "Bowling Pins") If you are unable to find an answer posted in the rule, please feel free to email me.

If you would like to receive future announcements (or cancellation notices) for Bowling Pin Matches at MCF&G by e-mail, please send me a message at BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com and ask to be added to the list.

Hope to see you on Saturday (afternoon)!

~John

BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com

Top Bottom