• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I have a 5 pin Tru-glo site. I have might vertical site bracket all the way up and my top pin all the way up.

I initially wanted my first pin to be a 10-15 yard pin but I was hitting all the way at the top of my ground based target. So I decided to just used it as a 20 yard pin and aim a little lower for closer shots.

Even at 20 yards I am 4 inches high of center. My windage is dead on.

I feel like my vertical bracket adjustment is at the top as well as my pin so not sure what else could be the issue.

Any ideas? I also had my arrow rest leveled at Gander Mountain and haven't dared to touch that. It is one of those rests that has a little platform the arrow rests on with two side prongs with wiskers. Wonder if the platform is elevated a little. I would take it to Outdoorsman but I can't find the time to get free.

Thanks

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Probably will need to move your arrow rest and nock point on the string to allow movement of the sight. It isn't bad to do (and may be necessary if you decide to paper-tune it anyway).

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I actually decided to get my arrow rest instructions out and read them vs. relying on the shops install. It did say that the arrow rest vertical adjustment should be made with and arrow in the rest. The arrow should be lined up with the arrow rest hole on the bow. I noticed that I could see the hole on the bow or riser i guess its called. So I moved the arrow rest down a little so I couldn't see the hole any lonegr. It did seem to straighten the angle out as well.

This seems to have fixed my issue for the short term. From 20 yards I am dead on the center. From 1-15 yards I have to hold just a hair low. so my top pin is good to go. My second pin I was able to get spot on from 25-30 yards.

I am still amazed that my sight bracket vertical adjustment had to go all the way up but I guess that might now be too out of the ordinary. Thanks CAM for giviing me the nudge to tweak it. First year bow hunting..learning a bucnh from everyone.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    and sorry all for the spelling. I have to surf the site on a little laptop during the day as my work firewall blocks the site as weapons...and sends a not to our security team.

I fat finger the laptop keyboard often

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Ha! I am on my netbook cause my job does the same thing. Crazy isn't it!

Glad you got it figured out. If you have any other questions just ask! I'm not an expert, but I've learned alot by doing just what you are doing now. Good luck with the deer. Your first bow kill is one you will never forget!

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Ha! I am on my netbook cause my job does the same thing. Crazy isn't it!

Glad you got it figured out. If you have any other questions just ask! I'm not an expert, but I've learned alot by doing just what you are doing now. Good luck with the deer. Your first bow kill is one you will never forget!

Cam...thanks. I wonder when they will RFID us in the forehead so they can log the seconds each day we aren't looking directly at the work computer screen!!

Seriously, thanks. Another thing I just saw was the sight bracket being reversible. Looks like I can flip it over with the windage screw pointing down and the curve of the bracket will give me and additional 3/4 inch. Isn't it weird when you reach out for help and that helps get the old brain working.

Top Bottom