• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    Why would anyone want to buy a bow that doesn't have a lifetime warranty like that of Mathews or Mission? My friends dad has a Mathews Z7 and I have a Mission Eleminator II we both have had accidents that resulted in repair but because of their warranty the repairs were free to us. However one of my friends has a Bow Tech and when his broke he had buy a new bow since Bow Tech doesn't have a warranty like that of Mission or Mathews. It just doesn't make sense to me to risk that much $ on the possibility of a break. My bow cost about $550. About $150 more than the ones they sell at Dick's or Gander but if those break you're screwed. Stuff happens and things break. Why not be covered?

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I'm looking at my BowTech owner's manual right now. It says "All BowTech bows are backed with a lifetime warranty to the original owner."

Damage caused by abuse, dry-firing, mishandling, or shooting arrows less than 5 grains per pound of draw weight are not covered by the warranty.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Bear is kinda like that too. I have a strike I paid 299.00 for. I think the idiot at Dicks cracked my limb once so I sent it to Bear who replaced the limbs and hooked me up with a new string for free. They send me string suppressor replacements for free when technically they should charge.

Can't beat Bear's CS...good as well.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I buy a new bow every few years in order to keep up with the latest and greatest technology, so I never get to take advantage of a "lifetime" warranty. LOL!

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I think,about all of the big bow manufacturers have LTW's. Mines not a Mathews but its warrantyed for life as well.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Long time Mathews shooter here.
    Mathews is pretty good about honoring warrenty on customer screw ups.
    They wouldn't have to but they do. +1 for Mathews.

Garrett72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Granger, In
    A little off subject, but check out Athens Archery. Great company located here in good old Indiana. They make awesome products and warranty what they sell!

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Hmm, I have hunted and shot PSE for going on 22 years now. I have never dry fired a bow or had a problem where I would need such a warranty. I guess I could spend a few hundred extra on a Mathews but why?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The newer models of many brands are easy to roll a string off the cam. Even experienced guys nuke them -maybe just once ;)

If you have an arrow/rest problem and are used to flicking your bow arm or grip torqued slightly to get the arrow back on.............well that might have worked on your old bow.

Don't even THINK about doing it on a new big wheeled short axle to axle.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    One of the major reasons I own and shoot Elite Archer bows. Lifetime fully transferable warranty. Plus they have their Hunting Trip warranty. You are on a hunting trip and damage your Elite bow, they ship you a bow set up and ready to hunt as a loaner bow. Hands down the best warranty in the business.:cool:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The Hunting Trip warranty seems silly to me.
    You will lose hunting days with your bow down, waiting for the loaner to arrive, and going to fetch it, plus you then have to zero it for you.

Much better to just bring a backup bow to start with, set up to you and your main bow's arrow/BH selection.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Heck I took 2 lam thicknesses out of my Tradtech riser and deepened the throat of the grip and slimmed it. Kills my warranty. But I don't care. If it breaks get something else.
    It shoots so much better with the mods the risk was well worth it. Shot it a yr like that so far, hasn't blown up yet :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom