• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Was in the mood to buy something yesterday and found a Hi Point .45 cheap. I figured it would make a good gun to throw in the truck or something and not worry to much about beating it up. I know they have a bad rep but for the price this gun is pretty damn good. Ate all the wal mart federal ammo i put in it and is actually pretty accurate. Field stripping was a breeze too. The gun is crazy heavy and ugly as hell, but for someone on a real tight budget i would have to recommend one.

Kingpin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Grant County
    They are a good gun to have and not worry about beating it up mine has always went bang even with lead bullet reloads and not to bad for hitting what you are aiming at. plus they are very good about any warranty work had a magazine spring break they sent me two in less than 10 days .

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I just got rid of my last one recently. It was my EDC for a while. Great guns I put alot of troublefree rounds through them. They are heavy but in reality not that much from a 1911 but they dont seem it because they are so thick. Have fun shooting. The hipointforum is a good place for info.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Been out shooting this again today. Im putting this gun through hell just to see what it will take. Has not missed a beat. I also bought a xdm .45 yesterday and havent touched it yet having too much fun with this hi point

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Was in the mood to buy something yesterday and found a Hi Point .45 cheap. I figured it would make a good gun to throw in the truck or something and not worry to much about beating it up. I know they have a bad rep but for the price this gun is pretty damn good. Ate all the wal mart federal ammo i put in it and is actually pretty accurate. Field stripping was a breeze too. The gun is crazy heavy and ugly as hell, but for someone on a real tight budget i would have to recommend one.

Redundant.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, if you find one for "not cheap" someone's doing something wrong. I don't have one, and yeah, they're cheap and butt ugly, but find the torture tests on Youtube. Be impressed. They may be a bit hit and miss, but they can take some abuse, and they have a heck of a warranty. I'd just rather not get into warranty issues when the bad guy has a stolen Glock.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Well, if you find one for "not cheap" someone's doing something wrong. I don't have one, and yeah, they're cheap and butt ugly, but find the torture tests on Youtube. Be impressed. They may be a bit hit and miss, but they can take some abuse, and they have a heck of a warranty. I'd just rather not get into warranty issues when the bad guy has a stolen Glock.

the "cheap" part is just a figure of speech, not the point of the thread. yeah you cant beat the warranty. while this is not my favorite gun by any means for what i paid for it ive had a blast, and thats the whole point in the long run.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne

It's been years, but I remember the one where two guys in WI tried to blow one up with +P+'s, double, and triple charges. It is surprising how well the barrels withstand insanely high pressures. :n00b:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm one that often makes fun of Hi-Points, but truth be told, in my experience with them I've never had an issue. They're ugly as sin, and heave as a cinder block, but simply put they get the job done at a very low price.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    You should change the title of this thread to, "I wasted my money".......

You obviously havent read the whole thread. i had a good time with a cheap a$$ gun this weekend, and gonna do it again. hardly a waste. point is for for someone on a tight budget its a pretty decent gun.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Love my Hi Points, the pistol is my car gun, the carbine is one nice shooting gun.

w001.jpg

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    OP, I'd rather hear more about the xdm .45 that you bought at the same time as the hi point.
    kind of surprising that you bought those two at the same time yet you're gushing about the hi point.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    the "cheap" part is just a figure of speech, not the point of the thread. yeah you cant beat the warranty. while this is not my favorite gun by any means for what i paid for it ive had a blast, and thats the whole point in the long run.

Isn't that the point of any gun, having fun shooting them? Cheap or expensive who cares as long the are safe to shoot.

I hate to admit it but I've been out shot by a friend with a Hi-Point .45 while I was using a Remington R-1. He punched the center out at 7 yards while my groups were more like 3 to 4 inches.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Alot of people do not have the ability to not like something, and respect it at the same time. Its all or nothing for alot of folks.

Top Bottom