• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I bought a surplus large molle rucksack and a 3 day assault pack for $90. I was 11m in the army from 95-99 and what a huge improvement they've made in gear. I also bought a molle load bearing vest. They must have done some serious field testing with grunts to design these. Usually if I went to the field for a week or less I never changed bdu's or underwear because it is such a pain in the ass to get in the old rucks. Especially when it's freezing out. Do you guys know of any good places to get molle pouches?

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I use a MOLLE II ruck for my bug out bag as well (if this is what you are meaning) Theres a ton of space in this thing, and add on "sustainment" pouches are readily available on Ebay for $5.00. This bag really fits my needs because of my choice of sleeping bag. I use the Army issue MSS (Modular sleep system) which is a very good bag just bulky. The MOLLE II system has a carrier just for it that is mounted to the external frame, and keeps your legs from getting beaten to death while hiking. My get home bag seen here https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...aster_preparedness/13814-my_get_home_bag.html is also part of the MOLLE II system. Although I would not want to carry it this "patrol bag" straps to the main ruck.

100_2042.jpg

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I got me a Molle medic BOB at the last 1500. I decided to go with the Molle medic bag because it was an improvement over my Alice. Much lighter for sure.. and much more room in my opinion. It also came with a chest rig for magazines.

http://imageshack.us

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I bought a b.o.b. of sorts today, it's a b.o.b. water bag for my tub. basically a big plastic tub liner(100 gallon) that fits in the tub with a pump on it.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Nice find. I bought a Blackhawk 3 day assault pack on Ebay for $40 to use for mine. The quality is awesome.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I bought a surplus large molle rucksack and a 3 day assault pack for $90. I was 11m in the army from 95-99 and what a huge improvement they've made in gear. I also bought a molle load bearing vest. They must have done some serious field testing with grunts to design these. Usually if I went to the field for a week or less I never changed bdu's or underwear because it is such a pain in the ass to get in the old rucks. Especially when it's freezing out. Do you guys know of any good places to get molle pouches?

I've purchased from many manufactureres and have found products from Tactical Assault Gear to be far above any others in quality. Of course the price is as well. They offer great sales (40%-50%) at times throughout the year if you are a customer.

Hope this helps.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I can only imagine what this new equipment is doing to the old soldiers if there are any still in. No uniforms to starch so stiff that they stand up on their own, no boots to spit shine and a bazillion straps to dangle off of the bags. That and everything seems to be made to set up to your own personal preferences, not being given a packing list with everything in the exact same spot, especially your vest.

When I was in, the saying was "If you look good, you probably are good." Amazing what a stiff uniform and spit shined boots will get you out of.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I can only imagine what this new equipment is doing to the old soldiers if there are any still in. No uniforms to starch so stiff that they stand up on their own, no boots to spit shine and a bazillion straps to dangle off of the bags. That and everything seems to be made to set up to your own personal preferences, not being given a packing list with everything in the exact same spot, especially your vest.

When I was in, the saying was "If you look good, you probably are good." Amazing what a stiff uniform and spit shined boots will get you out of.

Straps are still a bad thing to dangle off of your "bag".

There are still packing lists and SOP for plate carriers, but there is a bit of leeway, sort of like the 5 pictures you were allowed to hang in your wall locker.

Top Bottom