• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    ** Redacted ** Just found out he needs $2k in surgery and six weeks of recovery time, neither of which we have. He is now at the Humane Society of Hamilton County, where they assure me he will receive the care he needs since we aren't able to give it to him. /sigh

Free to Good Home: one nervous, excitable, paper shredder.

AKA: George.

AKA: Boston Terrorist.

He knows sit, lay down, stay, and gentle, but has the attention span of a two year old. Vaccinations are current, he is NOT neutered. He is microchipped. Housebroken, so long as you let him out as soon as he wakes up in the morning, and the moment you walk in the door any time you've been out. He's 8.5 years old, and extremely loving, unless you're a stuffed animal, in which case he's your worst nightmare. He's good with other animals, so long as they accept that he's in charge (although, he runs away from my cat - the cat owns the upstairs). Not afraid to take on Rottweilers. Wins fights with English Bulldogs (in all fairness, she smacked him in the eye first while they were playing. She didn't do THAT again.)

He loves kids, but would probably be better with older children. Toddlers tend to cry if they're knocked over, and George is rambunctious. He also is unable to distinguish between toddler toys and George toys. They're practically identical.

Does NOT bite intentionally, does NOT chew on furniture. Will chew on everything else. He does lick people, and he tends to jump. A lot. He needs a physical fence if you're going to put him outside without a lead - I don't think those electric fences would phase him. And he needs a STRONG lead. He breaks small and medium dog chains. We buy the 60+ lb dog tie outs about twice a year. (He only weighs 19 lbs).

He's mostly stayed in his crate for the last two years, and really just needs a family that will give him lots of love and room to play. PM me if you're interested in meeting George, and I'll see if we can make our schedules work out.

He has a crate, food and water dishes, a bin we keep his food in, a couple of chew toys he's managed to make last longer than 30 seconds, and two leashes (one retractable, one not).

Boston Terriers are NOT outdoor dogs and don't do well with extreme temperatures (which is why we've made the sad decision to not take him to Texas with us). Many also don't sit still for more than two seconds, and he is the perfect model of this quirk of the breed. Please know what you're getting in to as I'd really hate to see him end up in a shelter. He's low maintenance but high energy, if that makes sense.

lrg-940-ani-george01.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom