• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ramick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Huntington
    I am looking to get into reloading, pistol ammo to start 45ACP and 45LC. But before I go out and spend 300-400 bucks on a press. I thought it might be a good idea to get some books on the subject. I would like to know which books are good and which one are not so good. And If anybody had any to sell that would be alright with me also, Thanks.

Ramick

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    am far as starter books i would recomend the lyman 49 (or what ever the newest one is). i bought a bunch of hornady-barnes-serra books and it mainly focused on there product. not that the bullet brand books arn't usful and helpful but i wish my first book had been more general and less brand specific

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Abcs-Reloading-Definitive-Novice-Expert/dp/0896896099/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241892512&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Abc's Of Reloading: The Definitive Guide For Novice To Expert: Bill Chevalier: Books[/ame]

This is key.

ARGarrison

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Indiana, of course
    While I've never read it many say The ABC's of reloading is the book for a beigner so I'll have to second JByer's post.

My go to books are no longer what they were. I have the Hornady's 6th editon 2 book set, 7th is a single book. I also have Hodgdon's manual in the binder, now it's more like a magazine. I have a copy of Lee's modern reloading one of the few places that go over very reduced loads and a good companion if using Lee equipment.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    get past the advertisements for lee products and ABC's is one of the best starter books out there.... i learned exclusivly on it.... You dont say where you are from but i have held two reloading classes and will probably be holding another one at the end of summer if you can wait until then. best part is its FREE

ramick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Huntington
    Thanks for all the input, I will definitly look into these books you have recomended. This is for IndyGunworks I am located in huntington and would be intrested in you reloading class.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Modern Reloading - Richard Lee

I think I have the 1st ed., and there seems to be a 2nd ed. out now, but check it out, its not too bad.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Thanks for all the input, I will definitly look into these books you have recomended. This is for IndyGunworks I am located in huntington and would be intrested in you reloading class.

Keep an eye out in the INGO EVENTS section... will be late summer early fall before i have another as my schedule has gotten really busy... look in there and see the pictures posted in the AAR thread.... you will get an idea what my class's are about

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Keep an eye out in the INGO EVENTS section... will be late summer early fall before i have another as my schedule has gotten really busy... look in there and see the pictures posted in the AAR thread.... you will get an idea what my class's are about

Definitely go to one of these. It was a lot of fun, and very informational. I'll probably head down to the next one just for fun.

Top Bottom