• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    WIBC.com has more. Couldn’t get it to pull up on my phone for the link.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    WIBC.com has more. Couldn’t get it to pull up on my phone for the link.
    This?

Relford was given a choice as to whether he wanted to stay. While he was talking with police the person who made the threat called his phone. He put him on speaker.

“It was guy who just repeatedly said he was gonna kill me. Anything I said he just told me to shut the F up,” said Relford.

Relford said he chose not to be terrorized and calmly went outside and smoked a cigar.

“I don’t know what the motivation was. I don’t know who this individual is.”

Carmel Police are trying to find that out.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well, those two examples were bombs right? Not bomb threats?
    Ever?

A little closer to home, the bomb in the following story was mailed to a lawyer in my building (not my firm), but exploded at the post office before being delivered.

One of the guys working for me (indirectly) is named Kehoe, I better start rating him a little higher at eval time! :nailbite:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This guy missed killing his lawyer Scruggs, but he was pretty screwed up afterward.

https://www.kokomotribune.com/news/...cle_18e2dd72-2079-11e7-9d72-1ffc4fc4a657.html
    We recently had a situation where we had reason to believe that an unstable person did not appreciate certain litigation efforts of some of our lawyers. There were threats a-plenty and pictures of the guy were circulated. So far, so good. Not the first time. Probably won't be the last.

When you deal with people during emotionally charged periods in their lives....threats are going to happen. Seriously, I thought I had encountered irrational people back when I sold cars on "used car row" in Grand Rapids, but had not seen anything yet.

I bet Doc's stories are incredible.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This?

Relford was given a choice as to whether he wanted to stay. While he was talking with police the person who made the threat called his phone. He put him on speaker.

“It was guy who just repeatedly said he was gonna kill me. Anything I said he just told me to shut the F up,” said Relford.

Relford said he chose not to be terrorized and calmly went outside and smoked a cigar.

“I don’t know what the motivation was. I don’t know who this individual is.”

Carmel Police are trying to find that out.
    I wonder if the caller mentioned kerosene.

:):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Lawyers.... Always looking for a new angle to drum up business.

I'm glad nobody is hurt. Hopefully the lunatic can be rounded up. Or, for efficiency maybe he'll just stick the bomb up his-

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    it was me…and it wasn’t a bomb threat, what I said was…”I’m fixing to blow up the bathroom!”

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    @FrankNstein is on our EOD team, so he's probably more likely to know.

Anecdotally from my personal experience if it's not 0% it's got to be real close to 0%.
    We aren't even dispatched to threats unless something is found by persons in charge of the location the threat was directed to or responding patrol officers. I agree that the percentage of actual devices found after a threat is very low.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I love how CPD discounted the validity of the call and declined to SWAT him.

I can imagine them thinking "Wait. He is supposedly in the office of a VERY well armed firearms trainer during business hours? Not happenin'. If anybody is calling us from his office, its Guy telling us to come clean up the mess." :):

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We aren't even dispatched to threats unless something is found by persons in charge of the location the threat was directed to or responding patrol officers. I agree that the percentage of actual devices found after a threat is very low.
    It sounds like it was an attempted SWATing and the loon behind it will (hopefully) be cuffed and stuffed soon.

There does seem to be a big difference between "bomb threat calls" and "reports of suspected explosive devices". One has a lot more things that can go BOOM!!

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    It sounds like it was an attempted SWATing and the loon behind it will (hopefully) be cuffed and stuffed soon.

There does seem to be a big difference between "bomb threat calls" and "reports of suspected explosive devices". One has a lot more things that can go BOOM!!
    If the caller wanted a SWATting, he should have mentioned murder and/or hostages. But the caller is probably a dumbass.

Top Bottom