• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    I am in search of a bolt action deer rifle to add to my collection. I already know about the possible lever actions, but was hoping someone might know of an actual bolt action (internal or external) mag fed rifle in one of indiana's accepted calibers. I greatly appreciate the help.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    If you're a reloader - you've got options.

If you're not - might still be able to help, have some commitment later this year from a few folks to provide loaded ammunition.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    The Ruger 7744, don't know much about the gun itself though.
    ruger7744.jpg

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Remington did chamber some of there 788's in .44 mag. These are great guns but extremely hard to find for a decent price. I think they quit making these in the early 80's. .44 mag was one of the rarer calibers for these and are therefore highy collected.
    If your wanting new, ruger just anounced they are coming back out with their 77/44. I have yet to see any of these in the stores but would like to pick one up if the price is reasonable.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    788 rem. 44 mag. i have been looking for one a looong time.cant even find one to look at.i have a 223 .it is hard to get bullets in clip.i mean slow.mag to thin or my big hands.they are good shooters.i like the feel of the ruger 7744.havent shot one though.for looks and all,i like the ruger,they have wood or syn. stocks

LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    Thanks for the info!!! Keep it coming. While researching the ruger, I noticed that alot of the pics show the scope mounted more forward (like scout) of the action. Does anyone know if this has to be mounted that way, or just an option. I know there are different schools of thought on the benefits of forward mounted optics, but I prefer the classic stance.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Thanks for the info!!! Keep it coming. While researching the ruger, I noticed that alot of the pics show the scope mounted more forward (like scout) of the action. Does anyone know if this has to be mounted that way, or just an option. I know there are different schools of thought on the benefits of forward mounted optics, but I prefer the classic stance.

I am not sure about the older rugers but the new ones use the rugers lock style scope rings and the mounts are factory machined into the top of the reciever. I have a mini 14 with the same set and it works well. You must use the ruger rings that come with the gun but from my experience it is a very solid mount and the scope is mounted directly over the reciever in the standard position.

Top Bottom