• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Evansvile
    So I was leaving work on Wednesday evening just outside of Ft. Branch. On Highway 41 heading South in the right lane. Undercover Mustang comes flying up behind me, turns off its headlights and turns on the lights in the grill. I pull over and start getting prepared for the beating that is surely getting ready to ensue!!
    Cop sets in his car for maybe 3 minutes. Calling for backup and loading his shot gun no doubt.
    Finally comes up to my window. My hands are on the wheel. He's maybe 24 year old. And then it begins...... "Sir I'm sorry, I pulled you over by accident"
    Turns out my license plates are old style. He says he hasn't seen any like this in over a year. He ran them and they are legit but they sure look strange.
    We laugh about it and he tells me to have a good night!!!
    It was dark so I couldn't tell for sure if he had on jack boots or not.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What a rip off. He could've at least butt stroked you with the shotgun.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    He didn't pull you over "by accident".

He pulled you over "in error".

Just another one of those "mistakes were made" pseudo apologies that those in positions of authority make nowadays.

What color is your car?

pretty funny that happened to you. :):

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    I've seen that mustang around here. A guy in a p.u. truck was broken down in a turn lane at 41 & Morgan. The state cop popped hi lights on & helped the guy. My situational awareness was not working there cause he really surprised me when the lights came on. Of course I was looking for the bad guy. Didn't realize the cavalry was that close! LOL.

Good looking car though!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    So I was leaving work on Wednesday evening just outside of Ft. Branch. On Highway 41 heading South in the right lane. Undercover Mustang comes flying up behind me, turns off its headlights and turns on the lights in the grill. I pull over and start getting prepared for the beating that is surely getting ready to ensue!!
    Cop sets in his car for maybe 3 minutes. Calling for backup and loading his shot gun no doubt.
    Finally comes up to my window. My hands are on the wheel. He's maybe 24 year old. And then it begins...... "Sir I'm sorry, I pulled you over by accident"
    Turns out my license plates are old style. He says he hasn't seen any like this in over a year. He ran them and they are legit but they sure look strange.

No matter what the criminal lovers on the news say, Most LEO's are pretty good guys. It is pretty tough to be perfect in being all things to all people, especially when many of them want to fight with you because they are just jerks, and of course some really are criminals. And that is just the people down town at the station, once you hit the streets, it gets worse than that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No matter what the criminal lovers on the news say, Most LEO's are pretty good guys. It is pretty tough to be perfect in being all things to all people, especially when many of them want to fight with you because they are just jerks, and of course some really are criminals. And that is just the people down town at the station, once you hit the streets, it gets worse than that.

Dead on in my experience, Leo. It is hard to get to know them, though, because they are cautious off duty for obvious reasons.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

He should be fired for failure to meet expectations.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    He didn't pull you over "by accident".

He pulled you over "in error".

Just another one of those "mistakes were made" pseudo apologies that those in positions of authority make nowadays.

What color is your car?

pretty funny that happened to you. :):

What kind of apologies do I make, since you know me so well?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Dead on in my experience, Leo. It is hard to get to know them, though, because they are cautious off duty for obvious reasons.

All you have to do is talk to them like a person. I would love to have more non-cop friends, talking about the job when I'm not on-the-job gets old after a while.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I did pull someone over by accident once. I was driving on I65. I had a cup of coffee and the cup holder was on the other side of my light/siren control box. My coat sleeve caught the switch for the lights as I got my coffee, but I didn't realize it.

The truck in front of me pulled over and I figured he was having engine trouble or something so I pulled over to check on him. Then I saw the reflection of my lights in his rear window, looked down and saw my control box was on, and figured it out.

I went up, explained and apologized. He was glad I wasn't stopping him for speeding...

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    With the way police are viewed and treated these days, I don't encourage anyone to become a cop.

Youre working in the wrong area , just last week one guy invited me to eat lunch with him at a local resturant, one guy paid for my nightly Muscle milk from the local stop and rob and another one paid for my haircut at the barber shop.

:rockwoot:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    With the way police are viewed and treated these days, I don't encourage anyone to become a cop.

Personally, I would encourage more good people to do so. It may take a while, but I believe that the public perception would change. Case in point, my own perspective would be much different if you were representative of my overall experience. On the other hand, when I think about things like the individual with whom I went to high school who sold drugs back then, joined the local PD, and is still selling drugs, or the papier bitte stop I had about two weeks ago from which I walked away with a citation on a standard form for no violations*, I am left with my experience. I certainly wouldn't expect you personally to stop me in order to rummage through my papers, but then again, that is the reality and it contributes to shaping my overall perception.

*This, under the current system, was actually helpful to both me personally and my brothers and I collectively as it helps our score with the feds, but that in itself is another problem issue that shouldn't exist. It also didn't help my nerves while I sat there wondering WTF was going on since at least generally, the stop will go with something that is either actually an issue or that the officer thinks he can work into an issue. I will give the officer credit for being honest about it being solely for the purpose of rummaging as opposed to past experiences of being given some bogus story to justify the stop for a specific reason, even though it wasn't really necessary as papier bitte is sufficient these days.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    All you have to do is talk to them like a person. I would love to have more non-cop friends, talking about the job when I'm not on-the-job gets old after a while.

Ahead of that curve. My neighbor is city police and I've taken him shooting (although being neighbors made it easier to get to know him) and I have a good friend from college who is on the same force. My best friend in highschools dad was retired LEO so that helped, too.

Top Bottom