• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    Caught these a couples weeks ago. I use crickets for bluegill and the occasional bass will hit them. 42 bluegill and 2 bass. the larger bass was about 3.5 lbs. Pretty hard fight with an ultra light rig.

picture.php

Last edited:

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    That's sum good eatin' rite there !!! I prefer gill's over just about any freshwater fish. I recall my first beer with my dad at age 10 ! on the bank frying up a mess of bluegill. He handed me a cold Falls City and said " fish always tastes best with a cold beer !! " If my mom knew that, we could have both been pan fried !!!

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    My wife and I went out to a private pond the other night and caught several really nice Blue Gills. She used bee moths and I used beetle spin with a small white rubber grub that looked like a bee moth. As soon as the bait hit the water the blue gills would grab it. If I don't use artificial bait, I always use bee moths. You can normally catch several on the same bee moth. They are hard to get off the hook.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I took my 4.5 year old son out to the retention pond tonight with his spiderman light up pole. His first time with a real hook. He did great. He caught six on his own, some the size of my hand. He didn't quite grasp setting the hook when i said jerk up he reeled in but they were hitting so hard he hooked some.

I was fishing with a float lure and a yellow spinner bait trying to get a few small mouths I had seen hanging around the bluegill nest. A few times I got a strike and it was a massive bluegill. I bet we could have caught 30+ tonight as much as they were biting.

I haven't caught a large gill for years. Forgot how sharp they can be..ouched me once.

So proud of my boy.

Top Bottom