• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Looks like ATF has issued blanket denials for all (?) pending form 1 can builds. A lot of guys on another group talking, and many have received their denials today. All the same day.

A few companies who make parts for form 1 cans have issued statements that they don't know what's going on.

Just wanted everyone to know in case you've been planning a form 1.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    This sucks, my next was gonna be a form 1 I'm sick of the form4 wait. I thought my last one was ridiculous at 8 months, but my current form4 is over 12 months and still pending.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Some more info. Basically the ATF says if you have any suppressor components, you have a suppressor because you intend to make one, and because you intend to make one you are committing a crime, and because you are committing a crime, your form 1 is denied.

Basically the ATF is charging everyone with constructive possession.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But how would they know if you have the components?
    why would you apply before you actually had the item? Dont you have to describe the item on a form1? If you dont have it, you cant describe it. If you have it, you are already a criminal, even if you havent drilled it out to convert it from a "solvent trap" to a suppressor.

At least thats what I gathered. (I could be wrong)

Visits by local agents to all the (denied) application addresses coming soon? (since they technically tattled on themselves)

Last edited:

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    why would you apply before you actually had the item? Dont you have to describe the item on a form1? If you dont have it, you cant describe it. If you have it, you are already a criminal, even if you havent drilled it out to convert it from a "solvent trap" to a suppressor.

At least thats what I gathered. (I could be wrong)

Visits by local agents to all the (denied) application addresses coming soon?

I guess its different now than when I did mine. Those oil catch cans or whatever weren't around. I did the design on paper, got the form 1 approved, then bought the aluminum bar stick and tubing and made it according to the design.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Yep, got my "denial" yesterday afternoon.
    I have an unmodified JK Armanent "solvent trap" that was perfectly legal, now being told that in it's unmodified form, is according to the ATF, a suppressor, so I can't do a form 1 to modify it, according to the rules, because it is already considered a suppressor.
    And technically, I can't form 4 it, because I already have it in my possession and it wasn't transferred via a form 4 when I bought it, when it was legal to own it without transfer.
    And just because I have it, it is "illegal".
    What a bunch of ********.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I guess its different now than when I did mine. Those oil catch cans or whatever weren't around. I did the design on paper, got the form 1 approved, then bought the aluminum bar stick and tubing and made it according to the design.
    The thing is, from what I understand, even people that hadn't purchased components are rejected. It appears to be a system wide denial. The same language appears on all denials.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The thing is, from what I understand, even people that hadn't purchased components are rejected. It appears to be a system wide denial. The same language appears on all denials.

Well that's what seems weird. I can understand them ultimately trying to restrict the sale of those solvent traps (if that is what they specified in the form 1) but to deny them all seems very odd.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Well that's what seems weird. I can understand them ultimately trying to restrict the sale of those solvent traps (if that is what they specified in the form 1) but to deny them all seems very odd.
    maybe they intended on killing the traps, and inadvertently killed everything. hard to say if it's incompetency or malice.

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    Some more info. Basically the ATF says if you have any suppressor components, you have a suppressor because you intend to make one, and because you intend to make one you are committing a crime, and because you are committing a crime, your form 1 is denied.

Basically the ATF is charging everyone with constructive possession.

People are being denied that have not purchased any components.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    From what I have been reading today, it's not just solvent traps that are being disapproved.
    Every form 1 for a suppressor that has been reported seems to have been disapproved with the exact same justification.
    This seems to be a specific, planned, policy change by the ATF, to eliminate anyone making their own suppressor.
    Come June, the same situation may be in store for 80% lowers.

gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    If you call the ATF @ 1-304-616-4500 and ask what's going on there answer is " no comment a statement from the ATF on Form 1 suppressors is forth coming " . My guess is all approved Form 1 suppressors are going to be revoked . Due to their new interpretation of the suppressor law .

Attachments

• 2022-02-28 (2).png
      2022-02-28 (2).png
      33.4 KB · Views: 5

AaronK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2021
    Valparaiso
    Us normal folks probably shouldn't be contacting the ATF directly about this as it's likely you'll incriminate yourself. At this point we don't know if the ATF intends to pursue criminal proceedings. Contact your Senators or Congressmen, and if you feel the need, an attorney.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    If you call the ATF @ 1-304-616-4500 and ask what's going on there answer is " no comment a statement from the ATF on Form 1 suppressors is forth coming " . My guess is all approved Form 1 suppressors are going to be revoked . Due to their new interpretation of the suppressor law .
    Man, that would be insane and would turn a lot of people into felons.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    If/when the Republicans take back the House and Senate, one of the first items on their agenda needs to be to pass the "Hearing Protection Act". And pass it by a veto proof majority.
    There is, absolutely, no reason for suppressors to be regulated under the NFA.
    It is a health and safety issue.

Top Bottom