• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Just signed up for their newsletter. I am interested to see what the pricing on this will be. Looked like a very cool camp stove.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Old technology with a great new application. A friend of mine had a fan that sat on top of his wood stove, it was finned in back and converted heat to electricity to turn the fan.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Old technology with a great new application. A friend of mine had a fan that sat on top of his wood stove, it was finned in back and converted heat to electricity to turn the fan.

If ou have a standing pilot just about anything furnace water heater stove etc using a thermocouple it's actually a very simple science. Those run on very low voltage to operate the gas valves but I do think this is a great thing for the weekend warior

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    I bought one, and have used it on a couple of camping trips now.
    The stove is awesome, and very quick to boil. (1L of H2O at a full rolling boil in 02:14) It also is sturdy enough to hold a large pot of water to heat for "kitchen" cleanup.
    The USB charging is nice to have, but did't work on my brother's iPhone 5. It worked fine with my 4S, so we were listening to music while enjoying beverages.
    It is not a light weight back packing stove, but the versitility to burn any solid biomass and not carry specific fuel is nice.
    Also, REI now stocks them...

Top Bottom