• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Anybody have recommendations on a good set of binos for under or around the $200 mark. I've been needing a pair for some time and haven't been able to make up my mind. Would be using them for hunting, target shooting, and to keep in the truck. I'm thinking 10x50 or something close to that.

I've seen a few Nikon sets in that price range, I don't know about their quality though.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Anybody have recommendations on a good set of binos for under or around the $200 mark. I've been needing a pair for some time and haven't been able to make up my mind. Would be using them for hunting, target shooting, and to keep in the truck. I'm thinking 10x50 or something close to that.

I've seen a few Nikon sets in that price range, I don't know about their quality though.

I dont have anything at 200 dollars or less right now, but i have a few that are close

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/parts_and_accessories/249089-binoculars_for_sale.html

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I have 2 sets of Jap binocs from sears and montgy.wards,made in the 70's,that are suprisingly good-both were yard sale finds,and way better than most current imports. Image compares well to my bro.in laws Steiners-really!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    www.swfa.com

They have had so great sales on them lately. So good they don't last long. take a look at the samples list. Everybody what great bico glass for under 200.

I prefer 8x32 for size. Seem to do well for unting here for me. 10 i start to get a littel sea sick feeling if I don't have a very steady arm rest.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Nikons are a great value, both binos and scopes. I have one pair in particular that I have beat the hell out of for 15 years and I am amazed that they are just fine. They have been in my trucks most of those 15 years.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    I have a couple pair of Nikon ATBs - 8x42 and 10x42. Bought one refurb and have never had any problems. If you can swing the extra $50 for those Monarch 5s that 42769vette has, I think those would do you well and he is a good guy to deal with.

Like jmarriott said, you might also look at swfa. I picked up a pair of Leupold Mojave 10x42 there not long ago. They were a demo unit, but looked brand new. Those particular ones had a $50 rebate, so I was into them for $275. I haven't even had them out of the box to compare to the Nikons yet! But you can do a search on swfa's site for demo and see what is available.

Good luck

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Theron Wapiti

$200 is a tough price point for bins, another $100 or so could snag something like ZenRay ED2s, which are a whole lot better than they should be. But no one can touch Theron at $200.

Their spotters don't slouch either.

simpleman44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    white county
    I just bought a set of vortex for $150. They are 10x50 worked flawlessly on my elk hunt in colorado. Have used them all deer season and they are great. They have a lifetime warranty that is good for who ever the owner is, no matter who the original purchaser was.

BEANC0UNTER

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-7294-Monarch-8x42-Binocular/dp/B0033PRQB0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_5]Amazon.com: Nikon 7294 Monarch ATB 8x42 Binocular: Camera & Photo[/ame]

These are a little more than $200 but some of the best binoculars you can get for the price.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Theron Wapiti

$200 is a tough price point for bins, another $100 or so could snag something like ZenRay ED2s, which are a whole lot better than they should be. But no one can touch Theron at $200.

Their spotters don't slouch either.
    I have never heard of Theron but their stuff looks great. So you have used their products before?

One rule holds true, the lens is everything and they seem to know that
    "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif]we invest in optical quality instead of proprietary cosmetic changes."[/FONT][/FONT]

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Elkhart
    Vortex Crossfires are pretty sweet. I find my pair to be real clear and comfortable. The lifetime warranty is great, I had mine kicked by a horse, sent it off to them and had them back before weeks end. I'm gonna upgrade to the Talon HDs this spring I think.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    So you have used their products before?

I have 2 of their 60mm spotters and 2 82mm, but don't own any of their bins. I have hunted and shot with some guys who do, and have heard only good experiences all around. Peered through them on many occasions. Have seen them put through the wringer and come out unscathed.

They aren't Geovids or the like, but outrun anything similarly priced.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I just bought Alpen that are very nice but compact.

I have a pair of Brunton 8x40 that I love. excellent and I got them for less than $100.

Also have a pair of Bausch and Lomb 10x50 but I think 10x are too powerful. The extra magnification means you have to be really steady. 8X I think it the perfect magnification.

Top Bottom