• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    So I came home from work today and found this waiting by my door

Promptly brought it in and tore it open like a child in Christmas morning.

PSA had this on their daily deals Monday for $450 and free shipping. This is their freedom rifle complete kit, minus lower receiver, with mlok rail and a stainless, 1:8, 5.56 NATO barrel. I was planning on doing a complete build using a 223 wylde, 1:8, as barrel but for the price and with the election weeks away, I couldn't pass this up.

I'm going to build this on an aero precision lower. I just finished a cnc operators course and got my first job as an adjunct instructor for the course and the main instructor is a gun guy as well. He owns his own shop and had no problems writing me an engraving program and is going to engrave it for me at his shop. I'd like to do the engraving myself but don't enough time with the other job and we didn't think it would be good idea to do it at the school. This is kinda my take on the crusader idea. Obviously the final product won't have the watermark in it. I'll post pics of the finished product next week when it's done.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Sweet upper at a great price. Would enjoy an AAR after it's first range trip.

Question on the engraving. Isn't your buddy required to be an FFL holder to engrave receivers?

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    From my understanding, only if he's doing it for profit. Since this is a one off thing it should be fine.

Top Bottom