• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sellagogo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    I decided to buy a shotgun for home defense,selling my small collection of handguns. I will be selling them through a FFl dealer since im an Illinois resident working and spending most of my time in Indiana.I have several boxes of ammo for each handgun.Whats the best way to dispose of the not needed ammo once the guns are gone .

sellagogo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Sorry for the lack of knowledge..Im new to the midwest coming from the west coast..I do have a Foid card now,lol

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Deposit it with your friendly local ATM.:)

Be careful on how you say that, somebody might want to try to deposit them at full speed. :D

I never make a deposit at an ATM, I like it when the ATM gives me cash.

I have a friend I play poker with and I call him ATM too.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    He is an IL resident

In response to your query, it is legal to sell both ammo and guns without going through an FFL in Indiana. Some people like to have a bill of sale as a cover your a$$ measure. Interstate sales a far different issue. You might want to read the discussion at https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lations_for_selling_a_shotgun_in_indiana.html. By all means, post your sale items here. People will be interested.

As an IL resident he can advertise and sell on here as he would on GunBroker.com or any other auction site and transfer the guns through a local FFL in IL to the buyers FFL in IN. He probably will do better than the auction sites as they take a % plus listing fees.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    As an IL resident he can advertise and sell on here as he would on GunBroker.com or any other auction site and transfer the guns through a local FFL in IL to the buyers FFL in IN.

You are correct sir. I was incorrect. State residency does complicate things. :ugh:

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    He may be confused about selling ammo because if I am not mistaken one must have a FOID card to purchase ammo in the fine communist state of Illinois.

Also since he works in IN much of the time can he not have a FTF sale here in Indiana?

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If the ammo is questionable as to its realiable function, I take it to the ISP and let them dispose of it properly. Have you ever seen what cat urine does to ammunition? It ain't purdy. We need to keep the ISP on our side. I have many friends with the ISP and Federal Agencies. I hope they will remain my friends.

Top Bottom